does any one know how to remove the rear lower reflectors (cupra bumper) ?

H8T WP

as title says, i need to get one out ! i thought they just pop out with a flat head but im having no luck !

found this pic but still cant make it out

p6090010.jpg

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Why would you want to bud? They are required to pass an MOT and if your car is not in a state to pass an MOT, the police could force you to have a test done despite it being less than 3 years old. I know a couple of lads with bikes that had that happen.

H8T WP

the standard rear lights already have reflectors mate so its all legal..., plus to be on safe side you can add smaller reflectors somewhere else... like i may do

they are a pain to get out btw , but worth it once you see what im doin.... imo

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
the standard rear lights already have reflectors mate so its all legal..., plus to be on safe side you can add smaller reflectors somewhere else... like i may do

What you doing, reversing light mod.??[B)]

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland

did you take the entire bumper off?
if so, how does it come off?

cheers,
chris.

H8T WP

there is a screw under the car apparently. One screw for each reflector. I'll have a go later. Ps don't try to just prise it out using a flat head or you'll just crack it LOL

leon263

Jan 12, 2008
Rear reflector removal

Just had a look at a spare in the garage and it appears to be held in by one screw or push in type fastener about half way along. There is also an extended lug at the inner end which slots into the bumper. If you look at the photo you posted you will see the outline of the reflector moulded into the bumper and about half way along you will see the screw/ fastener ( black circle). You will also see the extended lug at the inner end of the reflector (looks like a small grey rectangle) You will need to remove the screw/ fastener first, then ease the outer end of the reflector away from the bumper and slide the inner lug out of the slot in the bumper.
Hope this all makes sense.

H8T WP

yup. Bit tricky. The rear bumper needs to come off. I think by undoing the Gupta black splitter thing u may be able to acess it. Fingers crossed. Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.