V5 help Req

beezasport

Sold the car to buy a....
I'm with a car of a friend at the moment he has cleared the codes adn can't remember what they were! I can't get them to come back. seems like an intermitant fault.

When i first came to it it was very irratic on idle and wouldn't drive, just like it was miss-firing. Now it idles fine and drives but there is alot of hesitation like its missing fuel. also when it was running at an irratic idle it was very rich.

Does anyone know what blocks to measure on a V5 Toledo as the normal 1.8t blocks won't work seen as it doesn't have a turbo :)

tried unplugging Maf with no difference, coolant temp sensor seems to be reading ok from what i can see in vag-com.

any ideas would be fantastic!! cheers!

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
have monitered the cylinder blocks for misfire? if its drive by wire, have you tried TB reset via vag?

Uwe@Ross-Tech

Jan 7, 2002
www.Ross-Tech.com
I'm with a car of a friend at the moment he has cleared the codes adn can't remember what they were!

That's why we put those handy [Copy] and [Save] buttons on the Fault Code and Auto-Scan screens. ;-)

Drive the car. If the fault conditions that set the codes are still present, the fault codes will return sooner or later.

-Uwe-

beezasport

Sold the car to buy a....
That's why we put those handy [Copy] and [Save] buttons on the Fault Code and Auto-Scan screens. ;-)

Drive the car. If the fault conditions that set the codes are still present, the fault codes will return sooner or later.

-Uwe-

He decided he was going to use his crap ebay scanner! :doh:
I'll see if he can drive it for some time and do it that way, if not i'll be back :p
Thanks again!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.