Brakes too sharp (and non-linear)

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Get the fluid changed! My pedal still doesnt feel right after going back and having the ABS system reset and re-bleed of the system.

From a nice crisp pedal to what feels like a major air bubble in it. I know there shouldnt be as I was with them when they re-did it.

Fish

leonbtcc140

Mar 12, 2008
Northern Ireland
Hi
I think that the brakes are fine on my 20L 140TDI Leon up to about 60, but then you try to brake hard at 80-100 nothing there.
I was thinkng about upgrading my brakes, anubody got any idea's..

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
You'll get used to them & then love them, I belive the Cupra has 345mm FT discs, which are the biggest in its class of car

What did you drive before ?

I drove my old Golf PD150 again today & I shat myself as it didnt seem to want to stop, & I use to think the brakes on that were awesome :doh:

richmarsh

am i the only one who thinks they are a little weak then? maybe its cos i had a little prang before xmas though...
either way, brakes and tyres are one thing i will happily spend a little more on - safety first and all that:headhurt::)

Yeh, I think they're pretty weak too. There's been a coupla times when I've had to really jam my foot down at the last moment.

Rich
[Leon 2.0 FR DSG]

leonfr170

Jun 16, 2007
i used to drive a 5 series bmw - a great big barge but it drove well and stopped well also!
will look at new pads when the time comes - would the cupra pads fit my fr or should i go for uprated / different pads instead?

leonfr170

Jun 16, 2007
not saying there is anything wrong with the cupra brakes if you read my witterings - i asked if they would fit my FR model (hence my username.

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
As per Bill - I think the MkII Leon brakes (TDI170) are nastily over-servoed. It's not a question of their stopping ability, it makes them very hard to modulate, although I guess you would get used to them over time.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise