High mileage cupras / Rs ?

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
My previous car (blue Mk 4 golf 1.8T in my sig) is now on 140,000, I sold it to a mate so still get to see the car, I had it Jabba remapped at 88,000, it's now on 140,000 going as strong as ever. The 1.8T is one solid lump, it's just the external parts that are shite lol (MAF's, coilpacks etc.)

Big Ejit

Wassamarranow?
Aug 8, 2007
Brum
How far has your Leon Gone?

I had 30K come up on the clock this week which got me thinking. Whats the highest mileage out of a Leon on the same engine so far? Anyone got one over 200K yet?

lukin dappa

Jun 19, 2008
well i know the lcr is more tuned different but hope u no what i mean dont want to sound like a right prat here lol

Gezz

Nov 12, 2006
Manchester
Mines and 02 1.8T, 94k and in 3 years never had any problems at all, still on original clutch, turbo, exhaust etc, only replacement part has been a worn bush for £35. (apart from brakes and tyres obviously).

Serviced every 10k miles, like other preople have said as long as the car is well maintained no reason why it won't last well towards 200k. A mate of mine has 1.8T golf on 99V and only thing that went was his head gasket at 160K.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Pft, bring it on, 109k on my Cupra R, still kick ass on the 1/4, interior is immaculate, could do with a G3 outside, typical yellow!
But engine is solid! Cambelt change and regular service and its a dream every day!

gib20vt

May 11, 2008
Cumbria
I bought mine on 97k and have owned it for 5 weeks....now coming on to 100k this weekend. Had to replace a couple of parts but nothing major....discs all round, new pads, tires, ABS hub and bearing...CV boot....oh and all four door seals due to the heavy rain it decided to leak in slightly!

To look at it and drive it you wouldn't think it has done that amount of miles, Also getting it REVO'd nxt month :D

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
22k, I do my own oil change between each service (more if im completely bored) - as others have said, look after the engine and turbo and it will look after you.

Let it warm up before thrashing it, let it cool after a thrash, Belt changes ontime, coolant checks and the proper metal propellor fitted with 1st belt change and everything should last yonks. No problems. :)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
good thread this, interesting to see some of the figures and it does help to allay fears people have

makes my 52plate (03) cupra with 52k miles seem a baby

Pat J

Detailing obsessive
Jun 12, 2008
North Lincolnshire
My '04 Cupra TDi has got 131500 with full SEAT dealer history. I bought it with 123000 on it and I am about to give it a full full service (helpful having a mate who's a mechanic) doing all filters, cam belt, and glow plugs. Only things I've replaced are the power steering tensioner and a smashed front fog lamp. The courtesy car at my mates garage was an Audi A4 with the similar engine in and it had done nearly 250000 when they sold it.:-o

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
2002 (51 plate) with 77k miles on it ... I've bought all of my cars in the last 10yrs with 70-80k miles on them and have taken them all past 120k miles + with ease... that includes petrol and diesel motors...

Mileage is NOT an issue these days as long as the engine has been maintained properly then the rest of the car will likely fall apart before the engine completely expires :)

theyellowone

Just whispered past the 70k marker on my '02' cupra, slight oil leak from cam cover, apart from that she's a good'un

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
leon fr tdi mk1

mine is coming up to 132,000, i bought it cheap with 128,000 on it which didn't worry me as it had full service history and i had an AA check on it which came out fine!! It was remapped at around 90,000 and had a clutch at 100,000 so i'm fairly confident that it will go on for a good while yet!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members