LCR to MK 2 FR Diesel

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
Has anyone done this as i am considering it due to fuel costs, if so what sort of savings have you seen in return and what things will i like and dislike about the mk 2 FR, thanks

warren_cox

Back from the dead
You'll lose the Brembos, but then if cost is an issue maybe thats not a bad thing. Softer ride too as they ride on 17's I think.

You wont have the black headlining or R seats, or the flash steering wheel.

That said you'll have more wodge in your back pocket and you'll be visiting the fuel station less often.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
well after what i was told the other day about fuel and the lack of it i think maybe switching to diesel now maybe a better option what i was paying for v-power 6 months ago is what people are paying for normal fuel now and i can only see it getting worse

warren_cox

Back from the dead
As long as diesel doesn't go up disproportionately as more people switch over - basic laws of supply and demand dictate that as more people switch away from petrol supply will be greater and it may become less price sensitive (I can live in hope!).

Get a gas conversion!

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
As long as diesel doesn't go up disproportionately as more people switch over - basic laws of supply and demand dictate that as more people switch away from petrol supply will be greater and it may become less price sensitive (I can live in hope!).

Get a gas conversion!

that started happening about 5 years ago

10 years ago diesel was easy 4-5p/litre less than standard petrol
5 years ago started tipping the scales either way
now it's 4-5p/litre more
5 years time it'll be 20p/litre more +
10 years time we'll be buying battery and hydrogen powered cars

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
I went from a Leon Cupra Mk1 to a Leon FR TDi Mk2. Apart from the interior quality short falls I have loved it!!! I used to get ~300 miles to a tank, now getting 500, even with the price differential it is still a lot cheaper!!!

CandyCupra

Back to black
Aug 20, 2007
Cricklade
I switched from an mkII fr tdi to a mkII cupra purely for the fact that standard diesel is 10-12p per litre more than standard petrol where i live, and as i don't do many miles it made sense for me to switch over.

CandyCupra

Back to black
Aug 20, 2007
Cricklade
TDI felt quicker, but that was just the torqe, in reality the Cupra it's much faster and handles even better than the FR, which to be fair handled very well. Oh and the fact i can actually use first gear now makes it much more enjoyable lol.