17963 P1555 Charge Pressure Upper Limit exceeded

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
hey people.
i'm getting this and its causing my car to go into limp mode.
it was boosting fine with my n249 bypass and my new D/V for months... and now its just started happening :(

i dont know why though. is there anything i can check?? i've looked on other threads and it does say how to fix the fault :(

i've put my standard d/v back on and its still doing the same. i've checked all vacuum pipes and they seem fine.

this happened once before my major service and a couple of times after. thanks people

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
n75 fault id say

i had this so i changed it and that sorted it

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
hmm i used to get this alot too but in the last couple of months I've changed n75, maf and 2 coils (in that order) and it hasn't happened since changing the coils....

Actually thinking about it...it was happening to me lots everyday so I changed N75 and this helped alot but it still happened occasioanlly, until 2 coils went and i changed them.

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
its the brown valve here...thats a n75j so yours prob looks a little different..

SNV30190.jpg

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
that pic is perfect. i know exactly which one your talking about now1 thanks alot for the help guys. :) i will check the valve and also check to make sure all the cables are going into it fine. thanks a lot again

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
excellent!, this happened to mine yesterday put it on diag today and threw up exact same fault code! if my car is not remapped is it worth getting the n75j valve or standard one? will the j valve make any difference in performance? will eventually get the car remapped when funds allow me! only had my car a fortnight!

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
i'll be getting the j valve at somepoint.. i read it holds boost longer, but not as high?? (could be completely wrong lol)
i've sorted my problem. took the n75 valve off, gave it a clean, and tiewrapped the pipes back on. seems to be sorted for now

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members