Interior Chrome door handle

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
hi

does any one know the part number for the chrome door handles on a mk3 cupra, as one has started to peel and it looks abit ****. Or is there any proper metal ones u can replace them with off a another model vw/audi ect? ive tryed seaching but i can find anything

Last edited:

Neale

Aug 26, 2007
Elgin, Scotland
Im also after a new handle as mine snapped this morning......i have used all the "super" glues under th sun but no joy! wat glue did you use, Big A Cupra20vt?

Big_A_Cupra20vt

Jan 4, 2007
margate
i used a 2 part apoxy resin used to stick metal together, also drilled ahole into the back of the handle and glued in a screw to brace the two parts together, doesnt look great but at least i dont have to open the window to get out of the car, and it will do for now.

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Are the interior handles not plastic? I took my door card off and i swear mine arent metal. Was in my mates mk4 golf turbo the other day though and his handles seemed to be metal and felt alot more solid. I could well be wrong though.

Neale

Aug 26, 2007
Elgin, Scotland
Aye the interior handles are plastic just in a chrome effect.....hence how i managed to brake mine lol......@ Big_A_Cupra20vt i also used a 2 part adhesive for metals called "araldite" your is prob stickin as you hav a screw i would imagine

nanio

Hi guys, after searcihng i found this old theme. I have the following problem: my "chrome" door handle is scribbled. There isn any "chrome" left, just ugly plastic with yellow color. I want to take off the handle and paint it in silver. Here in Bulgaria there is no such thing as original parts. The dealers only sell you the car and if you have little problems for such parts they don`t help you. So the only way is to paint it myself. I`ll be grateful if somebody explain me how exactly to take of the door handle.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Hi guys, after searcihng i found this old theme. I have the following problem: my "chrome" door handle is scribbled. There isn any "chrome" left, just ugly plastic with yellow color. I want to take off the handle and paint it in silver. Here in Bulgaria there is no such thing as original parts. The dealers only sell you the car and if you have little problems for such parts they don`t help you. So the only way is to paint it myself. I`ll be grateful if somebody explain me how exactly to take of the door handle.

to take the handle off, take the door card off and take the cable out from the back of the handle. then get a pair of plyers and pull the pin that holds the handle in place. (pull it down) then after alot of cursing it will come out. just takes time

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
the material they have made the door handles out of on the cupra is a joke ive bought a new set every year cos they get marked so much and that sort of thing stresses me out my OCD coming out in me again lol whoops lol!!!

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
u on about the silver/chrome affect handles or the actually black handles. ie plastic covers that go on the door card?

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
the black handles and the electric mirror switch surround that material is a joke, sorry but its all in the same area!!!! have had no trouble with the crome handles yet touch wood!!! lol

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
thought u were on about them rhysox bought a new set today. was thinking of doing sothing with mine. like getting them covered with something. seen as though the girl friend is a fashion designer could get her to do them in leather. think that would be nice if it will work

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
never thought of that was just gonna give mine to a special plastic sprayers and say sort it out but can you get paint that hard cos that gets touched all the time, silver leather???????? or a silver looking material, then there is gluing yon need to think about thew my old ones away so i cant experiment!!!whoops lol

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
u can get metalic leather, my girlfried says she got a white metalic leather and they will do other colours