Cupra Steering wheel audio controls

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
HELP!!

I can't find a Stalk adapter for my '08 Ibiza FR. It's last on my list as everything is working. I had previously ordered a "CONNECTS 2 CANBUS STALK INTERFACE" lead but is not correct.

Can anyone help? I have a Pioneer P65BT h.u.

(PS the steering wheel lights look good, might be a future investment)

deadphill

Feb 7, 2008
I agree they do look good but at the moment does anyone know how to actually get them going?!!!!

Thing is even if we get this going will it be in the red light as per the rest of the lighting in the car or white as per these prictures?

I agree they do look good but at the moment does anyone know how to actually get them going?!!!!

Thing is even if we get this going will it be in the red light as per the rest of the lighting in the car or white as per these prictures?

i think it would be wheel off job and solder in some LED's and wire them up, i will eat my words but i dont think there is a hope in hell of them all ready being there.

Ib1_FR

La VaK LoK
May 15, 2005
Guanajuato, MEX
It is not my mod, but Im thinking to do it. :funk:

Materials:

8 smd leds. 8 smd resistors(i don´t know the exact value) and wire.

The original steering wheel control board, has a green cover. You have to remove a little of that in orded to use the solder and connect the negative extreme of smd led in the board. The positive is attached to the resistor and the resisto to the blue wire in the original arnes. This is 4 times each side of steering wheel In total 8 times. for a complete illumination

That´s all.

I hope that you understand my poor english :shrug:

jay.ing

Red Blur (And soot!)
Nov 17, 2007
Southport, Merseyside
It is not my mod, but Im thinking to do it. :funk:

Materials:

8 smd leds. 8 smd resistors(i don´t know the exact value) and wire.

The original steering wheel control board, has a green cover. You have to remove a little of that in orded to use the solder and connect the negative extreme of smd led in the board. The positive is attached to the resistor and the resisto to the blue wire in the original arnes. This is 4 times each side of steering wheel In total 8 times. for a complete illumination

That´s all.

I hope that you understand my poor english :shrug:

Is the blue harness in the steering wheel?

Deleted member 19188

Give it a few months of use and you'll soon know where all the controls are anyway - we're heading towards summer so it'll be lighter at night, so you can get used to finding them before next winter !! ;)

Deleted member 19188

Take care mucking about in the steering column and steering wheel, there's an explosive charge in there!! make sure you disconnect the battery before you open anything and make sure not one is inside when you connect it again - just to be on the safe side!!

Ib1_FR

La VaK LoK
May 15, 2005
Guanajuato, MEX
Yes please, disconnect the battery any time you work in the steering wheel controls, horn/airbag area.

This is the blue wire

6b4qt6asg6.jpg

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Give it a few months of use and you'll soon know where all the controls are anyway - we're heading towards summer so it'll be lighter at night, so you can get used to finding them before next winter !! ;)

getting used to it, managed to increase the vol instead of changing stations in the dark last night :)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
I just knew where everything was after 2 weeks of having my car... Sure it's something you'll pick up if you use them a bit... Would annoy the hell out of me having them light up tbh..

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8310/dsc00622ig0.jpg[IMG]

I like how the clocks are white on the outer edge ... very smart and a change from the red.

My Dad's Audi is like that.