Home brew FMIC!

Apr 12, 2008
All these fmic kits i can find are quite expencive, imo unnesiseraly expensive for my purpose! Has anyone on here put an intercooler on there car, say off a different model car? How much room am i playing with behind the front grill? will the intercooler piping be a fairly smooth fit? or is there many bends?
I can get my hands on a cossie 4wd intercooler jobbie, wondering if anyone has embarked on this task? any guesses if it will fit?
Its on a 02 cupra 20v BTW!

Apr 12, 2008

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The Forge FMIC comes with a modified front crash bar that the FMIC hangs off of. I would guess that even a DIY job would need you to modify this crash bar as theres not much space behind the OEM crash bar.
We've established you've got a MK1 Leon but which model as there are differences between these

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I'd think you'll have the same issues as the LCR.
The only other thing is that your system has its supply and return from the same side.
Theres a guy builting a LC with the LCR twin side mount intercooler perhaps PM him to see how he has gotten on phillc is his forum name.
So you need a FMIC with the ports both at the same side ie drivers side.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i don't think the pro alloy or pace products FMICs have a modded crash bar. there is a recent thread on here regarding the THS front mount. on their site it shows one fitted to a LCR but the pipework as far as i know would have to be DIY.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.