Kinetic Manni arrived today..... Doesnt mean im happy. (All up and running now)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
No news as of yet mate after the turbo had a fit. Its going into the garage tommrow to see what if anything has actully got into the turbo.

On the plus side i did manage to get all the bolts on.

The car should be back mid - next week.

Last edited:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I didnt take many pics to be honest, and i didnt get any of what i had to grind down as i just wanted to get it fitted. I had to take 4/5mm off of the risen parts of the flange to stop it from fowling the head.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Final price including delivery was about $420. I cant say if i would reccomend it yet as i havnt had chance to drive it since the turbo locked up after fitting it.

It going to be interesting to see what actully fell into the turbo to lock it up.

I was just looking at the pic on the kinetic site to me it looks like the pic is differant to the one i recived the one in the pic looks like it would fit no problem. If you look at the bottom of te flange in the pic on mine over every hole it was raised by about 4/5mm but on the one in the pic it looks although its perfectly flat. Which is what mine looks like now i`ve taken the grinder too it.

In the pic this is where i had to take the 4/5mm from

If you go back to the start of the thread you can see more clearly what im talking about.

kngolfmankit.jpg

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
just had a thought. is that what you bolt to the turbo to stop things falling inside while fitting it....ie sockets lol

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Shut it! :p Its a locking plate that sits on top of the mani acts like a locking washer so the guy from kinetic told me, i asked the same question..

The turbos coming off tommrow so it will be interesting to see what actully did fall into the turbo as im still not convinced it was a socket.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
just had a thought. is that what you bolt to the turbo to stop things falling inside while fitting it....ie sockets lol

Ouch, you b'stard.

Shut it! :p Its a locking plate that sits on top of the mani acts like a locking washer so the guy from kinetic told me, i asked the same question.

Good idea - bend the edges of that "washer" up so they sit on the flats of the bolts and it should stop them coming undone.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
We all make mistakes huh,

Thing is if i had known ANYTHING had fallen in there, Would i have started the engine?

Commen sense tells you no i think.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Well, got her back about an hour ago and it seems quite abit faster than before, 2nd gear seems pretty mad.

Im not totally putting it down to the manni at the moment as i havent had chance to check to see of the actuator has been played with as its boosting a clean 24psi from low to full load. It was pretty toasty down there when i popped the bonnet. So i`ll check that tommrow.

As far as delivery etc is concerned dont mess around with getting it shipped to friends as i got hit with a £53 tax and duty bill yesterday even though it was marked up as a present, apprently it was because it was worth over a certain amount? So direct from kinetic if you can.

So if the actuator is set to the std 12-13 threads the mani has made a hell of a differance :D Either way it feels alot better than before.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members