btcc bodykit fitters

brian-raith1

Apr 17, 2008
recently bought leon with bodykit fitted at port
have a problem with fitting fault dealership agrees not right but finding difficulty in getting anyone to accept responsibilty for repair or replacement part.
Anyone any idea who fts kit company name etc for seat and anyone had any similar problems and advice on how they were solved. Wont mention dealer dragging their heels at mo but all will be revealed should the matter not be rectified soon

brian-raith1

Apr 17, 2008
good thread but any ideas of company who do fit this kit at port as if seat not going to cough up cash then surely they will

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
There's a small Bodyshop right on the quayside at Port of Tyne where they seemed to be fitting them.

It's only a small place but it's right next to the walkway for the Newcastle/Ijmuiden ferry. I didn't get a picture of it & I can't remember the name of the company.

I assume that there is a similar set-up at every port of entry.

May 13, 2007
as mine was fitted from new ive lost the jack covers recently my dealer supplied and painted under warranty f.o.c

brian-raith1

Apr 17, 2008
re warranty apparently because kit was fitted at port it is not covered by manufacturers warranty. Couldnt believe it after all Seat did agree to have a company at port to do the work on their behalf. Latest situ apparently it may be covered by accesories warranty. But still waiting with bated breath good job im not holdiing it Seat really letting themselves down big style here.
Good car manufacturer looking a bit below par though

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Did they tell you it wasn't standard fit then?
If thats true then you will need to tell your insurance company that you have a non-manufacturer fitted bodykit. Which might not be cheap!
Warranty doesn't really matter anyway, you have statutory rights.

EDIT: The bodykit fitting company is a third party, you shouldn't have to contact them. Seat or your dealer should be sorting it out with them, as you placed the order with Seat not the bodyshop.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
If the kit was fitted as an option before the car was registered then it will be covered by the 3 year warrenty.

If you get the dealer to fit accesories before the car has its PDI then these are covered for 3 years rather than just 12 months if fitted afterwards.

RS4Barry

Feb 25, 2002
Fife
Visit site
re warranty apparently because kit was fitted at port it is not covered by manufacturers warranty. Couldnt believe it after all Seat did agree to have a company at port to do the work on their behalf. Latest situ apparently it may be covered by accesories warranty. But still waiting with bated breath good job im not holdiing it Seat really letting themselves down big style here.
Good car manufacturer looking a bit below par though

I don't think thats the case as when these cars were ordered in the begining no-one was made aware that the kits were not factory fit. Even the dealers didn't know at first. As far as I'm aware it's listed in the pricelist as a separate model it also states that all seat uk cars are covered by a 3 year warranty. So I think without a doubt the complete car is covered.

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
i totally agree - The bodykit is definitely covered by the dealer, speak to the dealer principal if the aftersales department keep fobbing you off with this nonsense!

Do they think you came down with the raindrops?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise