Donington Park camping

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Anyone planning to camp for the weekend for the Donington round? (3rd-4th May)

According to the Donington site, there are changes to the camping arrangements.

CAMPING

A Weekend ticket must be purchased in order to purchase a camping ticket.
Camping charge is per person

No camping charge for children aged 15 and under. Children must be accompanied
by an adult.

The Campsite will open at midday on Friday the 2nd May and closes on Monday
the 5th May.

Camping is only permitted in designated areas.

On site there will be: Showers, toilets and drinking water, a variety of hot and cold catering units and a licensed bar.

An area for campers with disabled facilities is available. This is limited to 1 person and 1 helper. A pass is required and can be obtained by calling 01332 810048

No electrical hook ups

Due to local authority rules and guidelines, motor vehicles and motorcycles must be parked separately to the tents camping area. This does not apply to 'Blue Badge' holders wishing to use the dedicated disabled camping area. NO overnight sleeping in parked vehicles will be permitted.

Prohibited items in the campsite:
Gas containers exceeding 15kg
Sound systems capable of creating excessive noise
Excessive quantities of alcohol
Firewood - campfires are strictly prohibited
Offensive weapons
Fireworks
Petrol/diesel generators
Large barbecues

I thought this type of thing had been posted before and generally applied to the Download festival and MotoGP events, but as they've put the specific dates in the above, I presume they are to apply it for us. The bit of particular concern is not camping with your vehicle or sleeping in your vehicle. I've emailed them for clarification, anyone know any more?

PS, how large is a large barbecue, and what constitutes an excessive amount of alcohol :rolleyes:

tom001

Only thing I was told different by someone in sales was campsite opens earlier than that but if midday is said on site then will take that as true time. Weather best be better.

shefflad

Opelness
Oct 16, 2006
Manchester
I attempted to camp last year - yet there were no facilities at all - I hope they have repaired the boarded up toilet and shower facilities then!

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Camping facilities at Donington have always been dreadful, but at least they have never charged for it. The general sanitation on the whole site leaves a lot to be desired.

Hopefully the new owners are addressing these issues. For the blokes it's not too bad, but if you're taking women and kids as well, they aren't impressed with any of the facilities thus far, and it's not much to ask for clean toilets, is it :confused:

I had a reply from them saying that definitely no sleeping in cars or transit vans. And no parking your car next to your tent.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise