Removing window sticker without damaging the heater lines

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Wasnt sure where to put this so sorry if its the wrong section.

Picked up the new car last week and its got a sticker from the car sales place in the rear window over a couple of the heater lines..

Its stuck fast and seems impossible to remove. I asked my dad and he said to leave it and he doubted it could be taken off without damaging the heated window element.

Any views on this ? Should i just put up with it or is there something i can do to remove it gently ?

Thanks people

Deev

May 28, 2006
Croydon, South London
I was quite paranoid about this myself, but needed to get it off to stick a SCN sticker in its place. I suppose it varies from sticker to sticker, but I bit the bullet and tugged it gently. Slowly but surely it came off in one sweep and didn't damage the element.

If you're not sure though I would expect the hairdryer would help soften the glue.

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
yeah had read that thread before but this sticker was more like glued on and was covering the heated strips so wanted to make sure i wouldnt damage them :p

Used the hairdryer trick today with excellent results!! Heated for a minute or so then it all peeled off nice and slow. The hairdryer melted the sticker as well as the glue and it ended up stretching to about a foot!!

Then a little meths and the tiny glue patch was gone :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.