centre grill and S badge on cupra

samwilko

I ve just got my car back from the bodyshop after a new bumper, grill, bonnet and headlight. Something didn t look the same as before, and its just dawned on me what it is. The centre grill with the S badge on it is the honeycomb one not the vertical lines like it used to be. The car is a 2001 cupra. What car is the honeycomb one from because see it on any on ebay, they all seem to have vertical lines.
Would it be over fussy of me to ask the garage to take it back and change it for the proper one? The bill was £1800 and paid for by my insurance so they got a fair bit of work out of it. The car has to go back anyway because since I got it back the EPC light wont go out.

samwilko

its only the centre one mate, the two either side are the horizontal lines ones.

Chris20vT

Touch the pipe...!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2006
Norwich
Sounds to me that the garage has fitted the honeycomb grille from the facelift Cupra (from '02) and not the correct part for a 2001 model.

I first thought it might have been mixed up with one from a Cupra R as the grilles just underneath the bumper and badge are horizontal/vertical but honeycomb at the bottom of the bumper.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.