Non Cupra's

Status
Not open for further replies.

MATTI STEVO

Mate your a genius! i need a fag after the day dream of the supercharger wine at my feet! would it be better wating for proper Cupra next year you reckon! you can get those fake dump valves would get one but you'd hav to fool people that your applying the exact same amount of compression on turbo everytime you let of gas bcus only makes 1 sound!

Chris3boro

Ibiza TDI 130 Sport
Jan 26, 2008
Richmond, North Yorkshire
I love the fact everyone is amazed by the red dashboard illumination, infact thats what sold me mine. Well that and the fact that it was cheap and had all the extras I wanted such as remote locking.

Infact, theres a girl at my work who drivers a VW Bora and I always laugh, cos, when I'm getting out of my car, I press a button and its locked, and shes fumlbing around with the key in the door.

They're really suprisingly well specced, well mine is anyway!

yeh mine has climate, 6cd, alloys as standard-good for a smallish car, espec considering the equivalent polo for the same money gets you

-a body shell
-doors...

-Did i say a body shell?

about the vw-ness my clutch went two weeks ago thew cars done 32,000 and ive had it a month! it was a grandad who had it before me tho so thats my exuse i still wont admit there un reliable! get it back saturday though and Cupra alloys come sunday! :)

ooh what alloys u gone for mate? Owner before me was elderly I think, but clutch isn't worn at all so not sure if it's been done alread, only done 43000 miles though

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
generally they are quite reliable, compared to other cars of their age, only thing i can fault mine for is the electrical side of things

volume adjustment on the radio is very sensitive
had to buy a new external temp sensor

but then their both very common faults, and nothing too big

and my clutch went 2 weeks ago at 82,000 miles. which isnt too bad i suppose

MATTI STEVO

the thick 5 spokes there 120 with illegal tyres getting toyo proxes fitted sunday after ive got them gota drive 45mins to get them! apparently they go a lot my mechanic said the pressure plates get harder hense why the clutches on ibizas are stiff mine was like a tanks clutch but gotta new one now so plently of thraping to do yay! of to bed mate speak soon! matt.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
generally they are quite reliable, compared to other cars of their age, only thing i can fault mine for is the electrical side of things

volume adjustment on the radio is very sensitive
had to buy a new external temp sensor

but then their both very common faults, and nothing too big

and my clutch went 2 weeks ago at 82,000 miles. which isnt too bad i suppose

Where is the external temp sensor located? And where did ya get the sensor from?
Mine went a few weeks after bought it, and that was over a year ago now, been meaning to get it fixed but refuse to go to my local over chargin :censored: dealer!!!

jimmybonsaville

haha only just realised this thread lol im also of the 1.4 bretharan haha

Wonder if its worth while asking the mod to create a sub forum? Then we dont end up cluttering the main forum? Just a idea

craigy123

hunting for more ponnies
Jan 11, 2007
Fife, Scotland
Here's my exhaust. It's a custom one done at a nearby garage. Went for a 6x4 oval as it looks bit Cupra-like imo.Cost me £160 for back box incl fitting and bumper cutting and obviously lifetime warranty.
Ibizaexhaustcoveredplate.jpg

Ibizaexhaust2.jpg

looks good mate!!!

Mat

haha only just realised this thread lol im also of the 1.4 bretharan haha

Wonder if its worth while asking the mod to create a sub forum? Then we dont end up cluttering the main forum? Just a idea

nah, that's why we have this thread ;)
Just like the Welsh folk have their own :D

Mat

once i saw you pics i though *bugger, he's gonna bitch about his sig* :D

I've been on the worst shift ever! 12-8:30 meanin i have no time in day or evening to do anything :censored:

MATTI STEVO

chris3boro!! ive just had my exhaust done cat-to-back though and i have exaclty the same backbox fair play lad! i think it was you that said you were worried about it being quiet, i had mine done started it in the garage... :( i wasnt imperssed for the money i paid! but i was told wait a couple of weeks maybe couple of months and then see what you think. after 2 weeks my ears are swelled and ringing haha! find some local tunnels ect i live in birmingham and theres three huge ones it sound awsome mate!! just drive and do loadsa miles soon be popping and rummbling like mine!

Mat

i'll get it done eventually - dont worry! ;)

off this sunday, but got meet then off out.

will rty mid next week

Chris3boro

Ibiza TDI 130 Sport
Jan 26, 2008
Richmond, North Yorkshire
i'll get it done eventually - dont worry! ;)

off this sunday, but got meet then off out.

will rty mid next week
thats fine ta

chris3boro!! ive just had my exhaust done cat-to-back though and i have exaclty the same backbox fair play lad! i think it was you that said you were worried about it being quiet, i had mine done started it in the garage... :( i wasnt imperssed for the money i paid! but i was told wait a couple of weeks maybe couple of months and then see what you think. after 2 weeks my ears are swelled and ringing haha! find some local tunnels ect i live in birmingham and theres three huge ones it sound awsome mate!! just drive and do loadsa miles soon be popping and rummbling like mine!

It wasn't me that said my exhaust was quiet. Mine's just right volume imo. Only had it done a week and slowly getting louder I think. Yours a 6x4 oval then? Best shape imo, like a cupra.
About the tunnels, I live in countryside and even around Middlesbrough there are no decent tunnels :( I make do with confined spaces lol just appreciate the echo off that!:doh:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Where is the external temp sensor located? And where did ya get the sensor from?
Mine went a few weeks after bought it, and that was over a year ago now, been meaning to get it fixed but refuse to go to my local over chargin :censored: dealer!!!

It's in the passenger wing mirror, you can see it as a wee bit of plastic sticking out of the bottom. I paid around £20 from my dealer, bit steep butIi kinda needed it for the Air Con to work, as mine was reading -30 all the time so the air con never came on.

Mat

since changing mirrors, my temp doesnt read, but air con works

really should get round to making sure the wiring connections are better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise