Front grille and boot badge!

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
Hey ive got a new grille for my ibiza to get rid of the HUGE seat badge, i just wanna see if anyone else has fitted one so we know what problems to expect! also im dying to take off the badge which is on the boot thing and spray it, its just stuck onto the catch as far as i can tell - so im wondering if i can just pull it off, spray it black and stick it back on? or is it more hard work than that? anyone with advice would be much appreciated :)

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
lots of people on here have debaged grills on there ibizas as for the boot badge i dont know how it comes apart, wouldnt force anythin incase it breaks the opening mechanism, if u like debadged go and get a boot popper installed and get the whole badge removed and smoothed over so its completely debaged.....like this (aint my car but gives the idea)

DSCF0353.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
Thanks that does look good but i cant be arsed to do that haha i think i'll just try and get the badge off - i will find out first if i can get a new one tho!! anyone got any clues about the grille? i dont wanna start doing it and find out i have to take off the bumper or something!

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
i just wanna see if anyone else has fitted one so we know what problems to expect!

Open the bonnet and lever up (but do not try to pull out) the domed plastic pins in the centres of the 2 locating pegs on the top of the grill.
Then remove both the locating pegs in one piece. If you do this carefully you can reuse the pegs on the new grill.
Now the tricky bit if you want to keep the grill for re-use. :)
You need to gently pull the existing grill forwards, slightly up and out. There are 5 or 6 clips which hold the grill in place. Eventually they will let go!
If you don't plan to save the old grill just yank it out. ;)
To fit the new grill simply slide it into place and push the locating pegs into position.
Did mine in 15 minutes! :yes:

Regards Guy.

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
Open the bonnet and lever up (but do not try to pull out) the domed plastic pins in the centres of the 2 locating pegs on the top of the grill.
Then remove both the locating pegs in one piece. If you do this carefully you can reuse the pegs on the new grill.
Now the tricky bit if you want to keep the grill for re-use. :)
You need to gently pull the existing grill forwards, slightly up and out. There are 5 or 6 clips which hold the grill in place. Eventually they will let go!
If you don't plan to save the old grill just yank it out. ;)
To fit the new grill simply slide it into place and push the locating pegs into position.
Did mine in 15 minutes! :yes:

Regards Guy.

thats good thanks :) and no i dont plan to keep the old one- i'm one of those impatient girls, i'll just pull it out haha

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
To spray the rear badge you'll have to remove the whole mechanism. There's a panel on the inside of the boot that you have to remove first. Then remove a few bolts and the handle should come off. If you can't be botherd to do that you could mask up all the surrounding bodywork and spray the badge whilst it's on the car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.