NOS - for crazy fools only?

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
Lately been chatting to a pal about NOS, always thought its plain stupid and will blow your engine up....

but been watching fast and the furious a few times over:lol: and couldnt help but think if people are able to run around 300bhp on standard internals, wouldnt it be exactly the same effect as running say a 50 shot of nos?

assuming you run the engine in with smaller shots first ?

anyway if its likely to fook my engine/ turbo etc...then tell me....and is anyone running it on here?

Last edited:

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
If you run a wet kit of NOS and only run a 50 shot then it is going to do no more than what running a medium (300hp) turbo will do. All NOS is doing is putting a higher proportion of oxygen into your cylinder. The turbo is also doing this but by making the air denser. As long as you can get the extra fuel in as well (why i suggest the wet kit) it will do no harm.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
dave smith has nos on this am04 ibiza think he got over 300 od bhp with it on best askign him abouit it think he has it on a progression controler though not just a button.

May 2, 2006
its safe if installed correctly

nozzle into fuel rail to combustion
nozzle into ic pipework to tb

progressive controller is what you want, when activated kicks in and progresses through to the power you ask of it - pulls very stong

i have 100shot nozzles but have never ran it past 60% on k03, now on AM04 (hybrid) i have never ran it past 40% for fear of internals

i had a RR with Nos activated at 40%, ran 276bhp without, ran 312bhp with

speak to either wizards of noz or twisted sanity (both available by searching google)

refills are about £38 a pop

hope this helps

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
and i assume progressive is exactly what it says? do you still activate it via a button etc...

the controller does what it says on the tin, apart from it has inbuilt safety features and ALOT of settings to tamper with until you feel happy

to arm (on mine anyway) i "push the button"
but it doesnt kick in if just pottering about so you can have it armed perminantly and never use a drop, flooring it however will press another button (on floor under peddle) which will acticate the nitrous then its just a case of holding on tight and changing gears fast [B)]

EDIT: if doing this i would HIGHLY reccomend a wideband lamba probe and gauge

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
Beware it will find any weakness in the engine or drive train pretty quickly.

In the first week I had 4 coils go funny, they were fine driving without gas, but on gas they would all misfire. They were only a year old.

New set of coils and plugs and was perfect after that.

100jets on a minimax controller :D

May 2, 2006
depends what you go for, depends if its 1st or 2nd hand, depends if they fit it or not
id budget between £400 and £1000 - the latter is buying new and them installing