Cost of accident repair?

Danny B

Hi,

Was coming home from sheffield today and somebody drove into the back of me at some traffic lights. I have an 04 1.4tdi s ibiza. The driver has completly smashed the left side of my rear bumper. What is the likely cost of the repair? If they car is a write off what is the current street value?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Danny B

Yeah and he took full responsibility but a women went straight into the back of him so she will get the blame too. Bit too dark to be taking snaps but will get some up tomorrow when its light. So what am i looking at for the street value of the car?

T. Spark

Thats sheffield drivers for you...

Atleast its a clear cut thing

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Hi,

Was coming home from sheffield today and somebody drove into the back of me at some traffic lights. I have an 04 1.4tdi s ibiza. The driver has completly smashed the left side of my rear bumper. What is the likely cost of the repair? If they car is a write off what is the current street value?

Cheers

Hi Danny.

Had a very similar accident myself about 3 weeks ago. :(
To cut a long story short the other driver had to admit liability as I was stationary and he drove into the rear of my car.
Mines going in next Tuesday to be repaired at no cost to me at all and my no claims bonus is safe. :)
Assuming your accident was a similar type of thing (which it appears to be), you wont incur any costs and will probably get a courtesy car as well.
Can't comment on writing the car off. That decision is based on something to do with cost of repair weighed against current value of car involved.
If it's just the rear bumper that needs to be replaced plus some respray work a repair looks like the best bet.

Regards Guy.

Danny B

Well I was traveling at about 20-30mph then the traffic lights changed i braked then the chap tried to swive past me as he was too close to my back end but hit the left side then the women went into the back of him which then pushed us even far further. Informed my insurance company they were very helpful they have arranged for their garage they deal with to call me within 24hrs to arrange repair and another company to also call me within 24hr to arrange a curtersy hire car.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Danny B

Had a valuation of the damage and its going to cost around a grand to repair, i hadnt realised it had pushed the back left quarter forward aswell! Goes in next saturday for the work. Cheers the help guys

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.