Cupra R alarm key fob

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Ok so im walking back to my car last night and pull out my keyfob to disarm the alarm and unlock the car and get nothing. Car wont unlock or respond when I press the button.

Anyway, got into the car by using the key and have to put up with the alarm ringing in my ear for a good 5 mins until i managed to shut it up.

So im guessing its the battery thats died. Ive bought a replacement today and fitted it but wont know whether it works or not until I try it later.

Has anyone else changed the battery in theirs recently? If so should it work straight away or will I need to get everything reset. The place i bought the baterry from said I may need to get everything reset in order for it to work.?

Any info apreciatted

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
may need to be reset mate. But all info for that is on here. The alarm should of turned off when u used the key though. Mine does. But mines not the cupra r. If its different i dont know. But i dont think it should be different.

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
may need to be reset mate. But all info for that is on here. The alarm should of turned off when u used the key though. Mine does. But mines not the cupra r. If its different i dont know. But i dont think it should be different.

IIRC the cupra alarm is just a horn that goes off? On the cupra r u have the horn as an alarm but also a siren as well. Its the scorpion cat 1 alarm that I have. I found that you can stop the alarm by putting this plug in the glove compartment which disables the alrm.

I thought it would stop when I put the key in the ignition but it just kept going.

I remember reading on here that the dealers dont take responsibility for the scorpion alarms as they say they didnt fit it. But it is the standard alarm for a cupra r IIRC.

Fingers crossed it dont need resetting, Im gonna search for that now and see if I can shed more light.

Any more info from anyone is appreciated

GregP

Ibiza Cupra R JBS05
Aug 19, 2007
Essex
use the small fob with three pins and plug it in the small socket at back of glove box to disarm the alarm, i posted a while back about key fobs, need to speak to scorpion alarms for new one

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
use the small fob with three pins and plug it in the small socket at back of glove box to disarm the alarm, i posted a while back about key fobs, need to speak to scorpion alarms for new one

Yeah i used that yesterday to disarm the alarm. Did you ever get a new one from scorpion? If so what did u have to pay?

GregP

Ibiza Cupra R JBS05
Aug 19, 2007
Essex
nah never got round to it, have got the instruction book for the alarm somewhere, will try find it as it explains how to reset the fob

GregP

Ibiza Cupra R JBS05
Aug 19, 2007
Essex
Taken from the Scorpion 1315-t2 alarm instructions

Remote control resyncronisation

in the event the remote control becomes inoperative, but the led on the remote control is still flashing, it is highly probable the remote control needs to be re syncronised by following the procedure detailed below

stand within normal operating range of the vehicle

depress both buttons on the remote control until the led on the remote ceases to flash

release both buttons on the remote control and the led will glow

depress either button on the remote control until the led extinguishes and illuminates

depress either button on the remote control a second time until the led flashes and the alarm operates

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Taken from the Scorpion 1315-t2 alarm instructions

Remote control resyncronisation

in the event the remote control becomes inoperative, but the led on the remote control is still flashing, it is highly probable the remote control needs to be re syncronised by following the procedure detailed below

stand within normal operating range of the vehicle

depress both buttons on the remote control until the led on the remote ceases to flash

release both buttons on the remote control and the led will glow

depress either button on the remote control until the led extinguishes and illuminates

depress either button on the remote control a second time until the led flashes and the alarm operates

Greg son, your a star, good work Ill go armed with thses instructions tonight when I get the car. :D

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
A little update, got back to the car and nothing happened when I pressed the button. I follwed the instructions to re-sync and it worked first time.

Big shout to greg for the re-sync instructions[B)]