Wing Mirror Information

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Just before Christmas, a kid got kicked out of the pub down the road for underaged drinking, and on his stagger home - he decided to liberate all of the cars of their mirrors as he went, mine included.

He stood and booted it for about 3 minutes (some old guy down the road watched the whole thing) and as it wouldn't just 'pop off' like most other cars, he did alot more damage to my car in the process.

Eventually the mirror came off, and he left several dents, scratches and scrapes on my door too.

[/sob story]

SEAT bodyshop quoted me £700 for the body repairs to the panel, and the new mirror.

It's a heated/electric mirror from an 04 plate TDi FR.

Anyway, I've polished out as much as I can from the panel itself and the mirror is currently taped on with the aid of some cable ties, but now I want to get round to buying a new mirror and fitting it myself.

Does anyone have available a diagram showing all of the relevant parts and their part numbers? I think i'll need a new backing plate too - as it's hanging off the car.

The whole mirror will need replacing I think since the surround is so badly cracked, the glass is ok, but the metal 'hinge' that it seems to be attached to has also snapped.

If someone had a diagram showing all of the part numbers it would help me gauge up what needs replacing.

Also does anyone know how complicated/straight forward the wiring is for the electrics, from what I can see, the cable just disappears into the mirror and door!

Cheers for any help you can offer.

Regards
Kyle

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
i'm sure you can download etka for good diagrams. Go to gooooogle :)... it's big tho... about 2gig from the one i saw

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Cheers for any help you can offer.

Hi Kyle.
I know this isn't exactly what you want but it might point you in the right direction.
Sorry I can't provide part numbers.
Last picture is of the fitting tool Seat recommend.
Hope this helps.
Regards Guy.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise