My K04 hybrid powered MK2 Cupra Sport track slag (it's now left the building)

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
saw it going around the track, very impressed, it was flying! keeping up with alot more powerful cars

jamiebennett81

slightly concerning the mani being so tight and a complete a$$ to fit!

well AMD are doing the work, but then still it will cost extra labour time!

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
There's quite a bit of clearance between mani and firewall and "touch wood" i've had no probs as yet

Could be worth speaking to AMD just to let them know, a selection of 12mm spanners should see them right though

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
It's been a while since my last update so here goes.

After saying for ages i was going to sort my oil cooler i finally got round to having it measured up and getting it ordered, it's now at work ready for fitting but after ordering the plans for the car changed again :whistle:

An add on the forum caught my eye and after talking myself in and out of it i decided to go for it, the add in question was for Alex from Backdraft's K04 set-up.

After a run up to Milton Keynes on monday (which also happened to be my birthday) i had in my possesion everything i need for the conversion bar a 3" maf and air filter, these will be with me within the next week all being well.

So tuesday night work started removing the old K03s set-up ready for it's new owner, current state of play is k04 mani and turbo are on and im currently re-working the pipework for the heater matrix.

There's a couple of bits im going to have a play about with and may even remove the front to fit the oil cooler and new lines at the same time.

I've only got a few pics so far but will try and get some more as i progress

BensPics004.jpg

BensPics013.jpg

BensPics015.jpg

Also seeing as the downpipe had the holes already there for EGT and wideband sensors i thought it would be an idea to invest in a decent gauge and relevent sensors to fill them
BensPics017.jpg

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
It's looking good mate! Should be good fun once it's all done. I now see what you mean about the wiring for the gauge....nightmare!

Wonder who the new K03s owner is??:whistle:

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
It's looking good mate! Should be good fun once it's all done. I now see what you mean about the wiring for the gauge....nightmare!

Wonder who the new K03s owner is??:whistle:

After reading through the destructions it looks easy enough, im more concerned with where im going to mount the bloody thing

I also wonder where the k03s is going :funk:

its going to be a monster what power you expecting?

Not entirely sure to be honest, somewhere round 280bhp i guess, i'll just be happy with it in and running, then i can look at setting it all up to my driving style and use

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
I know you can get 51mm gauge holders for the Mk4 Golf that replace the air vents. Not sure if anyone makes them for the Ibiza dash but could be worth a look into.

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Atleast you've got a spare dash to practice on before it goes in anyway!

It'll be worth it in the end:)

ian_cupra

wish you had this at cadwell when we had the scn trackday, wanted to see it in the flesh :)

what sort of power were you pushing with the jbs manifold on then??

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
I wished it was alive for Cadwell to, the veccy was fun but not as much as the ibiza

I never had it on the rollers after the manifold but it deffinatly pulled much harder through the mid range, you'll be pleased with your's once you've given it some stick ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members