New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

RSTuning

My friend in Ireland modded the car via msn before..... It was easier for me to sit the car on the dyno to make logs and put the required changes into a mod (well several and now my ceiling is black lol)

Paul

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
Very interesting. I wonder what they did or now know to increase the power that much. Did rstunning map it before. Just goes to show maps are constantly developing. turkish who fitted your td2 in the first place.

The Turbo was installed locally by my garage, my previous turbo decided to let go. I ran the turbo with just a Stage1 map on it for a while to bed it in. Then after doing lots of research on Stage 2 tuning, I decided to let Joe do the tuning for my car, only problem was he was in ireland and I was in the U.K "I think at the time Joe and Paul were just starting to share info so I did not know about Paul @ RStuning at the time"

The Maps were sent by Joe via e-mail and installed by one these Bluefin type boxes, that Joe and Paul both sell. I went through weeks of trying and perfecting the final then map for road use and was more then happy with the final result, which dyno'd at 218 bhp & 340 lbft very recently. It is and was a very good solution for anyone that lives miles from a good Stage 2 TDI tuner. I only popped up to Paul's workshop as they had wanted to have a little play around - lol Very glad I did ::D

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
The comment about cams is interesting above. As a non-tuner I do not know what real effect the cams have. I have a performance cam fitted, but not sure what it is doing and what the limits are. Would a ported head/inlet manifold allow the cam to do more?

RSTuning

Cams basically allow more air flow :)

As for the porting work, i have not really had to deal with the diesel side of this before but i'm sure any porting work would certainly help IF done correctly.

Paul

Lewi

Hey all kind of new to this site. I have a golf 2.0 tdi running stage 2 TD. Currently around 215bhp but not officially dyno'd. Smokes a fair bit and get around 42-45mpg on th motorway. Was wondering what you get with urs turkish. Considering a remap with rs tuning to improve the smoke and mpg if possible.

Lewi

Mapped basicallyby allards. but thinking i'm gona go and get an rs tuning map done as the current map is not a custom map. possibly still a stage 1 map. Not sure.

Lewi

Yea last time i asked him to cost me a hybrid turbo setup he couldn't be arsed. I only got the map on there cuz it didn't cost me anything.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Yea last time i asked him to cost me a hybrid turbo setup he couldn't be arsed. I only got the map on there cuz it didn't cost me anything.

So Allards mapped your car for free even though you don`t even use one of their own designed turbos?:confused: If you have got a TD2 turbo already fitted you are hardly going to buy an Allards hybrid setup are you.

Lewi

Bit complicated,so here we go. The guy who used to do the maps for allards is now working back at vw/audi centre. I got them to fit all my upgraded parts. Now alot of the 'custom' remaps that allard ets come from portugal. So they were saved to his laptop. When i had all the parts fitted the map was loaded inclusive in the price as he didn't pay for it himself. Bit of a trial. Now looking at a much beefier remap.

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
I can’t recommend the Turbo Dynamics Turbo and RS Tuning map enough, the combination of the two is superb, it honestly feels exactly like a standard TDI 150 with just a lot more go. You can drive it for economy "I did 80 miles on Saturday keeping to M-way and A-road speed limits and averaged 53.2 MPG" or you can nail the throttle and embarrass many fast cars.

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
Hi Mate,

Yes this setup works for the Ibiza Cupra TDI, it will transform your car. Get a Standard RSTuning remap first though, that should take you to 200 BHP and then go Stage 2, it gives you a nice build up.

George K

Presumably the FMIC is essential to get the best out of the TD2 turbo?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.