Cold air feed, look OK?

weekesj

Hates the Cupra rattles
Feb 17, 2008
Herts
Finally fitted the feed to my modded air box! Hows it look? Heard few rumours of them sucking up water from BIG puddles?!

Some pics:-

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

:D

weekesj

Hates the Cupra rattles
Feb 17, 2008
Herts
I'll have to beware off puddels then! Not that i go blasting through them like a rally car anyway! :headhurt:

weekesj

Hates the Cupra rattles
Feb 17, 2008
Herts
yeh just cos it looks bit vulnerable, but on other hand, its almost summer so SHOULD be safe. Can give it a try and see what u reckon.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. :) I think smoothing the air box and using a bigger feed has made a pretty good difference to standard, considering price involved! And I'm still using the standard filter at the moment, will go green cotton next month.

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
you shouldn't be driving through puddles that cover the front lower part of the bumpeanyway, and if you do you've be slowly so no danger at all of sucking a puddle up that length of pipe. I did the same on my LCR and never once had any water in the lower part of the air box when examined after a wet drive, it didnt even suck up spray.

So long as you get the filer back in place to seperate it from the intake pipe you'll be fine, and stay away from 200+mm puddles (aka rivers) or at least take a canoe with you ;-)

cuprachrissy

weekesj does yours dump that loud? just done the same to mine but with viper forced air induction (i dint buy its from previous owner before any1 says "its too much money for what it is!")cheers

May 2, 2006
im pretty sure you have meant to be facing the air feed backwards in the wing, rather than forwards and down below

theirs a high pressure point at the bottom of your windowscreen that feeds into the wing at the back, plus the air is less turbulant so more maf friendly

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
im pretty sure you have meant to be facing the air feed backwards in the wing, rather than forwards and down below

theirs a high pressure point at the bottom of your windowscreen that feeds into the wing at the back, plus the air is less turbulant so more maf friendly

took the words right out of my mouth :) the denser/better air is in the stock air feed location, its just the little snorkel type thing which is restrictive

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members