Which ECU Remap to go for?

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Thanks Ric.

I 100% guarantee that the p-torque map will achieve not only good figures, but just as importantly, delivery will be smooth, with a strong torque curve towards the top end of the rev-range. You can see this from the graph above

Getting power is simple, its delivering well, and holding it that is the real skill in tuning :)

T. Spark

Ive had a remap by RS Tuning in leeds recently, I have the pleasure of driving my car for 60,000 miles with a Custom-Code remap which was great, smooth and kept the OEM clutch alive!

However, RS Tuning remap is just MENTAL! Lots more power, lots more torque, its ALOT faster than before.

I ran it on the RR and with a remap on a PD130 I saw 198.2bhp and 358lb.ft! (The siggy needs updating ;))

I have a few other bits mind to get that extra power, a air filter, PD160 air intake, exhaust and FMIC, but needless to say it goes like a bat out of hell!

RS Tuning are in Leeds and have a section on here :

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218

Not many people can speak from experience of having two maps, I can however and the Phase 1 remap from custom-code was nice, cant fault it. However the new remap is just on another level!

Id rather pay a little more for something to be done right on a 6k+ motor than skimp!

Id go custom-code if you want a nice, relaxed generic remap or RS Tuning for a true custom remap done on the rollers right infront of you, and they can do what you want, if you want silly power like me they can do it, if you want smooth, they can do it.. you name it they can do it!

:

Last edited by a moderator:

T. Spark

You still on a standard clutch T. Spark?

Hell no! The standard clutch lasted 52,000 miles, 47,000 miles of C-C Phase 1 with no clutch slip then a clutch failure (broke in two!) Now running a Helix jobbie with SMF.

RSTuning

It might have made half a power run then limped off the dyno with the stock clutch lol

I gotta say, for a standard car (nearly) this thing shifts!

scooby slayer

Aug 24, 2005
wakefield
has anyone used allards whats there stages like im considering going in for a stage 3 tune 224bhp can anyone tell me if they have experience with them

good stories or bad

T. Spark

T. Spark, whats the smoke like? (if theres any) :D

Oh yes, there is a tad ;)

LoL! I'll bet my last dollar there will be smoke! :D

Youd be betting a winning side then my man! It does smoke ALOT, but as a little experiment until I go big turbo its fun! No biker/soft top even trys to keep up with me if they are behind :)

Well minus Ed Butler on here :D

Lets just say you can tell it's a derv!

Top marks on the map mate, it seems to just keep getting faster each time I drive it aswell!!

Of course after each drive I need to clean the rear end, but my god its worth it!!

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
I wonder how this remap would be on the TDI Cupra since its got the FMIC etc. It wouldnt smoke as much but you'd still see a good amount when booting it. RS Tuning, you looking for a demo car? lol

andy1389

Im getting a custom code (phaze 1) re-map this week on my 110tdi so ill let you know how it goes!

Had it remapped yesterday and its definatly a lot nice to drive now! Like most people have said before, this re-map is clutch friendly as the power delivery is smooth with no big torque peak around 2000rpm. The guy who mapped it said the 110's can take a few days for the engine to re-learn itself so i might see even more power!!!

After giving it some stick last night I drove to work normally this moring. looking at my trip computer the fuel economy has dropped around 3-4mpg. I always get around 63mpg average to work but today it was only 59mpg on the trip.

T. Spark

I wonder how this remap would be on the TDI Cupra since its got the FMIC etc. It wouldnt smoke as much but you'd still see a good amount when booting it. RS Tuning, you looking for a demo car? lol

I already have a Forge FMIC mate ;) Its abit of a drive down to RS for you, but well worth IMHO. The turbo is different on the PD160 however, the PD130 turbo is a KKK unit and Paul (mapper for RS) was very pleased at the way the standard turbo holds up with my set up, so much so he asked me several times if it was a stock turbo!!!

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire