Which ECU Remap to go for?

Sir Nodrick

Oh yes, there is a tad ;)

Youd be betting a winning side then my man! It does smoke ALOT, but as a little experiment until I go big turbo its fun! No biker/soft top even trys to keep up with me if they are behind :)

Well minus Ed Butler on here :D

Top marks on the map mate, it seems to just keep getting faster each time I drive it aswell!!

Of course after each drive I need to clean the rear end, but my god its worth it!!

i presume a large amount of black diesel smoke is normal on a car tuned to this level???:confused: or is there some sort of boost leak causing over fuelling or somet??? apologies, upto now, i've got most of my tuning knowledge with turbo petrols in nissan 200sx's, diesel performance is not something i have much knowledge about yet....:redface:

How much smoke is "normal" for a stage 1 tuned FR 1.9PD?? more or less than standard as i would say that currently there is very little once its warmed up...

Last edited by a moderator:

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
i presume a large amount of black diesel smoke is normal on a car tuned to this level???:confused: or is there some sort of boost leak causing over fuelling or somet??? apologies, upto now, i've got most of my tuning knowledge with turbo petrols in nissan 200sx's, diesel performance is not something i have much knowledge about yet....:redface:

How much smoke is "normal" for a stage 1 tuned FR 1.9PD?? more or less than standard as i would say that there is very little once its warmed up...

Smoking is caused by excessive injection. The turbo can not pull enough air (or enough boost) to burn the amount of injection being requested.

A good stage 1 map on 130pd can achieve up to 185bhp and 295lbs/ft torque with minimal smoke.

T. Spark

How much smoke is "normal" for a stage 1 tuned FR 1.9PD?? more or less than standard as i would say that currently there is very little once its warmed up...

My phase 1 remap from C-C didnt smoke, infact my diesel never smoked at all really, the odd puff if I had taken it easy for awhile then gave it some beans but that was it.

Running a stock turbo and this much power = smoke no way around that imho on a stock turbo, however hyprid turbo's should help this, and inturn not smoke as much, ive seen however some that do smoke rather alot!

Smoking is caused by excessive injection. The turbo can not pull enough air (or enough boost) to burn the amount of injection being requested.

A good stage 1 map on 130pd can achieve up to 185bhp and 295lbs/ft torque with minimal smoke.

Thats the key, and needless to say mine injectors rather alot, and in turn the stock turbo cant pull enough air in (boost!) to burn it, so its wasted, however over the phase 1 this is alot quicker and its just whilst I get funds for a bigger turbo :D

Sir Nodrick

right, so over fuelling then....

i get ya. Its my missus's car and she'll not be happy with excessive smoke so better stick to stage 1 for now i think:D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members