New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I deffo need to go down the hybrid route once ive paid for this wedding!!!

60-80 was very quick!!!

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Hey turkish, impressive results, where can you get the td2 turbo from and how much was your map if you dont mind me asking? Are you running an uprated clutch and flywheel? Cheers! :)

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
C'mon on then don't be shy, i know the turbo is 450+ vat on exchange .... what about the map :)

This was a brand new Turbo as my OE one went bang last feb. Think I paid £700 is + VAT through a trade contact. In all honesty I really don't know the price of the map as my car was used for testing over a period of a few months. For a one off map price you will need to Contact Paul at RSTuning.

that's good going 60-100mph in 6 seconds, best i got in my APR st1 remap and CAI with TIP was 7 seconds, but i had to change gears.

Yep had to change gears too, I change at about 82MPH from 3rd to 4th.

Is that with the 2.5" downpipe?

Yes this is with the Milltek Downpipe, the non resonated one. It is a Full Turbo back exhaust.

Hey turkish, impressive results, where can you get the td2 turbo from and how much was your map if you dont mind me asking? Are you running an uprated clutch and flywheel? Cheers! :)

The turbo comes direct from Turbo Dynamics. Cant remember the web address but you will find them through google. They are one of the best in business - Turbos through and through. Map price as I said above I really don't know. I am running a Organic Sachs uprated Clutch kit. JBS and many other places sell these, I think JBS has a group buy going on the briskoda.net website at the moment. They are normally about £500 for the kit, but to that you may well need a new Dual mass flywheel another £250 plus an OE clutch release bearing and then some labour on top.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
. I am running a Organic Sachs uprated Clutch kit. JBS and many other places sell these, I think JBS has a group buy going on the briskoda.net website at the moment. They are normally about £500 for the kit, but to that you may well need a new Dual mass flywheel another £250 plus an OE clutch release bearing and then some labour on top.

Since JBS are banned from Briskoda i very much doubt that they are doing a group buy or anything on that site.

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
The turbo comes direct from Turbo Dynamics. Cant remember the web address but you will find them through google. They are one of the best in business - Turbos through and through. Map price as I said above I really don't know. I am running a Organic Sachs uprated Clutch kit. JBS and many other places sell these, I think JBS has a group buy going on the briskoda.net website at the moment. They are normally about £500 for the kit, but to that you may well need a new Dual mass flywheel another £250 plus an OE clutch release bearing and then some labour on top.

Cheers for the info mate, already been on google drooling over hybrids! I have already got the sachs kit, just wondered if you had to uprate the flywheel too, i get a bit of dmf resonance just with a remap!! Do you get any resonance at low revs in higher gears?

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
Cheers for the info mate, already been on google drooling over hybrids! I have already got the sachs kit, just wondered if you had to uprate the flywheel too, i get a bit of dmf resonance just with a remap!! Do you get any resonance at low revs in higher gears?

I have not noticed any real DMF issues at all. The pull is amazing from 3500+ so I tend to drop a gear and then floor it, but it will pull from say 2000 RPM, progressively with no DMF resonance. It's all in the mapping.

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Thats good, sounds like its really drivable, must be my map that causes the dmf resonance! It can get annoying having to drive around it all the time! Think I'm gonna have to put my hands in my pockets and get a new turbo and map! :D

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
Been in touch with turbo dynamics,

New Retail is 975+ Vat

Exchanage £450 + Vat but has to be your turbo, so you will be without the car.

Also spoke to paul at R.S Tunning, and he say the map we be around £500.

Im going to be without the my car for a while when i take the turbo out. I will take some pics and post up how hard it is to do.

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
watching that pull from 60 - 100 was pure ****!
you need to be banned for the sake of my wallet!:cry:

best start saving then!

Last edited:

T. Spark

Lets hope mine does the same :D We will find out in a few days!!