Flashing Climate control?

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
Help!!

When I started up my car earlier, I looked down to the Climate control, to see all the digits on the display flashing, after about 10 seconds or so, they went back to normal,

Anybody know what this means??

Thanks,

Matt

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The gas pressure is low by the sounds of it

I think kwik Fit offer a money back garentee with work that they do on AC systems, might be worth a visit unless it's still under warrenty

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Low gas or other climate control fault. I had this and had a perssure switch replaced under warranty.

lc4geoff

FR TDI
Jan 12, 2008
Portadown, N. Ireland
Help!!

When I started up my car earlier, I looked down to the Climate control, to see all the digits on the display flashing, after about 10 seconds or so, they went back to normal,

Anybody know what this means??

Thanks,

Matt

Mine is doing this, I assumed it was going through some sort of self- check process, guess i'll have to ring the stealers to-morrow then!! [:@]

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Mine is also doing this, was regassed back in March and a UV dye put in. No leaks have been detected and was throwing up a fault about the pressure switch. It's no longer under warranty though, so what sort of cost could it be to sort this? Might try and put in a good will claim as it's only 2 months out of warranty.

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
hmmm, its stopped doing it now, seems strange, may get it into the dealer to have a look at it

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
It will probably do it intermittently. Don't let the dealer fob you off. Mine told me it was normal when I first took it in. But I knew there was a fault as my previous car didn't do it and Vag-Com told me there was a fault!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Mine went through a stage of doing it nearly everytime i turned the ignition on. I started to use the air con more and move the direction of the air more and it seems to have stopped it. I havent had it happen for AGES now (but it did happen ONCE last week - but that's the first time in literally months. An improvement on everytime i turned the ignition on.)

Try moving the air flow more and just "using" the climate control more. Not just letting it do all the work. IF that makes sense. :lol:

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
phoned up seat, booked it in, couldnt see me till the 9th of June though!!

The fans intermitantly work now aswell! grrrr

ubiquitous

Any result on this? What was the cost? Mine's doing the same, I'm hoping it just needs regassing.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Any result on this? What was the cost? Mine's doing the same, I'm hoping it just needs regassing.

Yep - found out what was causing mine last week. Slight leak in the air con system. Lift your bonnet and there will be air con charging points at the front left of the bay. Basically one of the nuts on the top there wasn't done up tight. Stopped doing it since. :) But it feels like it needs re-gassing now to make up for the lost air con gas it's lost over time.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yep - found out what was causing mine last week. Slight leak in the air con system. Lift your bonnet and there will be air con charging points at the front left of the bay. Basically one of the nuts on the top there wasn't done up tight. Stopped doing it since. :) But it feels like it needs re-gassing now to make up for the lost air con gas it's lost over time.

Hum these "nuts" are only meant to be dust covers - the valve assemblies below them should hold the pressure - if your getting it recharged I'd get them to recover the charge and pressure check the system using nitrogen and not just vac it to leak check it - that way these port(s) should leak and get replaced the when the system is recharged it should hold its charge for a lot longer.