MK2 Leon Cupra TDI

Poverty

Will be available from early 2009 with 209ps.

Engine going by my sources will debut in a audi model first before the end of 2008.

Will feature in quattro form on the TT.

smilley792

May 1, 2008
i take it this is the common rail diesel, instead of the pd.

and why do you have to tell me this when i've just bought a fr.

hope it hasnt got a friggin dpf

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
You can get the Audi TT with a 168hp diesel engine and quattro now. There was a review of it in Auto Express this week.

Off topic slightly sorry, but I didn't think the new TT diesel was Quattro.

Read the brochure on the wesite the other day and only the 3.2 petrol is Quattro. :confused:

Even more confused now...

After posting that have just read the Autoexpress website and even the badge says Quattro. If there both a FWD and Quattro version of the TT Diesel?

Last edited:

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
Nope. Definitely only a Quattro version. I am waiting my local Audi dealer to take delivery of their demonstrator.

Sorry to the original poster but we have heard the whole "Cupra TDI" over and over again. Until it's officially announced (along with the fabled FR TDI with DSG). It's all noise and no substance.

Poverty

Nope. Definitely only a Quattro version. I am waiting my local Audi dealer to take delivery of their demonstrator.

Sorry to the original poster but we have heard the whole "Cupra TDI" over and over again. Until it's officially announced (along with the fabled FR TDI with DSG). It's all noise and no substance.

Audi will soon be selling a 2.0TFSI with quattro also. I am not talking about the audi TT-S which is also quattro(haldex).

There will be 5 TT models with quattro. The 2 diesels, the 3.2, TT-S and the 2.0TFSI. Audi are also considering making a limited production run of the TT speedster.

Audi TT-RS engine to most likely be a 2.5, 5 cylinder with around 350hp.

Anyway back to the leon cupra TDI. It is coming, it is no myth, and it will be here soon.i

RS4Barry

Feb 25, 2002
Fife
Visit site
funnily enough the Octavia vrs is available to order from next month with the new common rail 170ps TDI - wonder when the leon will get it?

Poverty

funnily enough the Octavia vrs is available to order from next month with the new common rail 170ps TDI - wonder when the leon will get it?

The leon is already available with the 170ps unit.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
The leon is already available with the 170ps unit.

:no:

Read the post again ...... COMMON RAIL is the give away, the current 170 is a PD engine....

* Edit to add - i have no idea if its true about it going in the skoda from next month though :D

rich RS

Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR
Aug 5, 2006
Driving some where!
looking at wikipedia - 'list of volkswagen group engines', the common rail tdi goes up to '147 kW (200hp) @ 4400rpm, 400 Nm @ 2500 to 3000'. So as they say at Vauxhall - " C'mon ".

Now I suspect that SEAT will only do it in LHD only aswell:lol:

Kvmechelen

*ricardo mayorga*
Sep 11, 2005
there won't be a cupra diesel leon...i've been in ibiza for the presentation of the new ibiza 2009 and i've had the chance to speak and ask question at luk donkerwolke ..also belgian and designer of the new ibiza etc......and there are no plans for a leon cupra diesel!!!!
sorry for my bad english..

Last edited:

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
I'm sure that Seat will eventually put a 170bhp common rail DSG in the Leon. My guess is then they may offer a Performance pack upgrade to boost it to about 200 bhp this will also include overpriced styling bits but ultimately would make more money than a whole new Cupra TDI.

They would probably sell this upgrade for about 1500 quid when really the bhp boost would be a basic chip and not much else, but by marketing it right (as Seat normally do, judging by the current wave of back page adverts on Evo and Top Gear) as a BTCC kit or similar will draw the punters.

However they might just nick the Audi 170bhp DPF S-Tronic engine and save all the hassle!

Last edited:

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
VAG Group have been developing a Twin Turbo 2.0 CR TDI engine to compete with BMW, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, PSA Group with their Twin turbo set-ups. I have been waiting for this engine to appear for along time as it might just make me buy new. Rumours were that the Twin turbo VAG unit will produce 204 PS but it could be a little higher but I doubt much more over this.

The current TDI 170 lump is being fazed out form it's standard form to a Common rail form which is already present in a few VAG models, including the new Front wheel drive only Audi TT TDI. The TDI 140 will become Common rail too.

I think the brand new 1.6 TDI Common rail engines are already available in some models on the continent and will produce 100 and 130 ps.

The Special Audi A3 Quattro Sport - from reports uses the Common rail TDI 170 engine with a bigger turbo to produce it's 221 BHP.

Last edited: