Price of diesel

andy182

barrel of oil has dropped 5$ today, lets see if the prices are down tomorrow???

last week easington shell garage was 117.9, it has increased by 1 or 2p every day and is now 124.9

That used to be a great garage, always much lower than everywhere else. pain in the arse now

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
I have been away for 10 days and in that time diesel is 5p/litre more. I can't believe it! I know the price / barrel is increasing but isn't it about time the government reduced their fuel tax to help us?

Take a look at this graph (source = BBC website), with that kind of gradient, I cannot understand how Labour is not taking measures in the short run to help the average man and the economy!

Graph

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
it's now 130.9 at the jet and shell down the road from me is now 128.9 what the hell is going on with the crap country nowa days.

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
we're just being 5hit on by the government and the oil companies. The radio said it was set to rise again this weekend. the country needs to pull together and put a stop to it.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Gordon Brown - doing nothing to help as usual. The man is a pillock. The government take a % duty on all fuel. When they write the budget I assume they base fuel tax levels on a price that may increase slightly over a year. With the current spiral on prices the government are taking even more tax than planned from us motorists so why the hell don't they give something back to the people who put them there ? Cap fuel profits to the oil companies and the forecourts, use a variable tax rate to buffer fuel pricies and then maybe inflation will be lower as fuel to deliver goods to shops will be better regulated and therefore pricies kept under control.

The country have had enough - its like John Major all over again and he'll be out without a doubt come an election, but not before we're all skint!

Rant over.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Since they charge VAT on fuel - what actual motivation do they have to reduce the % of tax on it ..... it just makes them more the higher the price goes. As above really, I can't see how this is going to last and the country will be in a shocking state if this keeps up. On the plus side, if it goes to the wall ..... all the economic immigrants will leave and on the downside then we'll be left with all our own doley layabout good for nothing scum who we'll end up paying for. Fuel prices are just one of a number of problems currently winging their way to our pockets.

Mutter moan whine whinge.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Slightly offtopic;

"EU Directive No. 456179/954PE/762 EU/UK

In order to meet the conditions for joining the Single European currency, all citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland must be made aware that the phrase 'Spending a penny' is not to be used after 31st May 2008.

From this date, the correct terminology will be: 'Euronating'.

Thank you for your attention."

T. Spark

Slightly offtopic;

"EU Directive No. 456179/954PE/762 EU/UK

In order to meet the conditions for joining the Single European currency, all citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland must be made aware that the phrase 'Spending a penny' is not to be used after 31st May 2008.

From this date, the correct terminology will be: 'Euronating'.

Thank you for your attention."

Is that real? :cartman: or is it too early in the morning for me to get a joke!

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
Even the cheap Shell was charging 125.9 yesterday (always the cheapest locally) so it now costs me 11.25p a mile just in fuel.

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
£50 for 38 litres this morning. I went passed another 5 petrol stations to work and unleaded was 115p while diesel was 127-130p. 12-15p difference is now really making me think about owning a diesel.

Diesel fuel is at a premium in europe hence the higher prices, but all the government needs to do is lower the tax. But will it no....

Deev

May 28, 2006
Croydon, South London
The fact that the government match the tax hikes between petrol and diesel proves that their green argument is a load of bull - being the diesel is much lower polluting than petrol, surely it should be taxed less?

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
What i detest more than the governments taxes is the garages who buy in at one price but all of them are selling the fuel they bought at one price for the current highest price. I told the garage this when i paid 130.9 this morning and got a round of applause from the other 15 people in the queue behind me.

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Having recently only ever owned cars with tanks no bigger than 45 litres, I have for the first time ever just paid more then £50 to fill up at my local Shell, the "cheapest" place round here. ..I still had 1/8 of a tank left :(

FFS.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
What about if I added a blue die to red diesel? It certainly wouldnt be red diesel anymore......

Did a IR scan on some red diesel and its exactly same 'DNA' layout as normal diesel so I can't think of a reason why it would hurt a PD unit.....

Unless they don't like die...

Got some pics that will really upset you.......shall upload soon. 58p/ltr is still reading on the pump :( booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited:

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Having recently only ever owned cars with tanks no bigger than 45 litres, I have for the first time ever just paid more then £50 to fill up at my local Shell, the "cheapest" place round here. ..I still had 1/8 of a tank left :(

FFS.

..... costs nearly £70 to fill the Bammer up ... mind you 131.9 at local Texaco now.... eeeeeeeeeck!

ffs indeed ....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.