Mk1 Polo Project

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
And into the bay.... I'm going for a fairly smoothed look with alot of things deleted, so a per my rewiring we plated up the fusebox holes

DSC_0175.jpg

I then proceeded to grind all the bay back to bare metal and apply high build etch primer, especially good for finding imperfections.

02042008058.jpg

04042008078.jpg

02042008074.jpg

04042008075.jpg

Couldn't help but stick my engine (with new aluminium-to-be-polished rocker) to get an idea what things would look like.

02042008071.jpg

Also got a replacement front valance for an extortionate amount of money from german ebay, so test fitted that.

02042008071.jpg

Going to finish all the work in the bay, chassis leg strengthening and hole plating before we weld that on.

Inner wings have also been ground back and re-done in zinc primer.

23052008228.jpg

Getting closer to primer with the hole car now. I couldn't help but lay some down on the back quarter. I'm going to be so excited when its all in primer and not that damn red anymore!

21052008224.jpg

That's about it for now! I'm back home for good in a week or so and will be working hard at it and hard at trying to finance it. My aim is for it to be done for Edition 38 :)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
How is it that today is the first time I see this thread??? It really looks great. Can't wait to see when its painted. Thats when I really saw how cracking rash cupra's golf was. I also understand why he is taking so much interest in this...similar yet different....

All in all can;t wait to see the new bits, pieces, paint, wheels, engine and all else that is still coming!
great project

(same goes for you again Rash!)

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i've only just stumbled across this thread too. there has been some hard work gone into it so far. you've done a cracking job mate, i hope you keep the standards as high all the way through the project. if you do then you'll have something very special when you've finished!

black04ctdi

I know this is old now, but did this ever get finished? I need to see the end result!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise