whoosing sound????

sykesytdi

May 15, 2008
redditch
got in my car tonight and as i turned the key there is a sort of water whoosing sound for a couple of seconds...... what cud this be????:confused:

collapsed sewer

Apr 6, 2008
I've just noticed that 'cud' is underlined :D

Brilliant. One of my personal bugbears and has been for years. Why go out of your way to sound like a halfwit when you could simply spend about half a second longer in actually typing in English?

Well done forum designers!

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I occaisionally hear a similar noise when I turn my engine off, althought I never noticed it before I had my cambelt done

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
I occaisionally hear a similar noise when I turn my engine off, althought I never noticed it before I had my cambelt done

Not sure if the TDI range has a water pump for turbo cooling when the engines turned off? But that could be what your hearing.

Ken

R Power

R Power
May 19, 2008
Coventry
Is the noise from when you turn the ignition on? if so then all these diesel leon's make that noise, i had an FR 150bhp, just sold it for 225bhp Cupra R and best move i ever made!!! that noise is standard mate. i see you have stage one revo on the diesel?? be very careful. the diesels aren't fiendly with it, if you have done it i would consider you upgrading your clutch, and try not to rip the car everywhere, as my turbo packed up with stage one revo at 22k!!!
and apparantly im not the only one who had the problem, so just listen out for unusual noises from the car

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise