boot rattle?

Cammage

Turbo Time...
Oct 16, 2007
Leeds
Its somthing to do with your SEAT badge on the back and the mechanism, mine does the same, like a tapping on metal ever so slighty.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Aaahhhh... the never ending boot rattle!

Rattle when your going over the painted seed bump lines could be...

I had this and found that it was the 6 screws that held the boot lock in place where loose. Noticed it the other week when I open the boot the black plastic surround moved.

Sorted that rattle, but know a new one has appeared. Gonna leave it be, well until I get pissed off again!

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Mine used to rattle, but a have put a 10cm length of thick foam/rubber seal just infront of the lockin mech on the boot lid (so it compresses between the boot and rear lip when closed) result=rattle gone :D

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Mine used to rattle, but a have put a 10cm length of thick foam/rubber seal just infront of the lockin mech on the boot lid (so it compresses between the boot and rear lip when closed) result=rattle gone :D

I was thinking of doing something similar so the rattle was absord. You saying that it's work for you has confirmed what I was thinking... I'm off to buy some foam.

Cheers.....:D

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
look out for some thick stuff, mines about 10-15mm.. obviously compresses a fair bit tho.. i nicked it off my dad :D

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
mine rattles like a snake with a hyper tail..but thats because of the sub. have deadened the boot door and it still rattled..so theres now two thick peices of kitchen roll folded up and sat where the boot shuts and thats stopped the boot rattle. but then came to realise that the rear buper rattles too :-S

R Power

R Power
May 19, 2008
Coventry
ahhh yes, boot rattle what a pain, i had 2 12" subs in my FR 150, could not stop the rattle!!! put in dynamat and that made no difference what so ever so i wouldn't recomend it. I have now bought a Cupra R 225bhp, gone from 2 subs to one sub, and suprisingly i have no more boot rattle!! so guys stick to one sub if you have any.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.