Difference between 8v cupra and normal gti

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Hi people

Whats the difference engine wise between them, the 2.0 versions, seems the cupra has what looks like a warm air pipe going from near the exhaust manifold to the air intake?

Plus a different maf sensor?

Seems the bhp is the same at 115.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
I had a prefacelift 2E gti, they tend to come with more bits than a cupra.......passenger airbag, factory sunroof etc.

From what I know the two engines run different management, 2E uses bosch digifant........not sure with the AGG, think its somekind of siemens effort??
Visually therers the different MAF, airbox, inlet manifold etc.

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Ive noticed by driving both and looking at the official figures the normal GTI is way lower on mpg.

seems the cupra has a warm air pipe going to the air filter housing so perhaps more efficient?

Also cupra has lower profile tyres.

I get 36mpg on the cupra, but the gti was giving barely 30mpg

iluvmygti

mines a gti but agg ive got passenger airbag and a sunroof and i can quite easily get 35 to the gallon :) x

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
i was really surprised with how good they are on petrol.when i use the trip computer i get anything from 35-45 MPG on a trip
mines a gti cupra sport (AGG engine code) no passenger airbag or sunroof but dont like sunroofs anyway

Gm8

Jun 13, 2007
Glasgow
i have 2 x 8v agg cupra sports . 1 has abs , 1 has headlight levelling motors neither have passenger airbags / sunroofs I reckon they are a bit of a lottery

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
you could get one with a factory "plus pack" that gave you abs, traction control and passenger airbags. mine say's it's a cuprasport gti on my v5 and i have no sunroof, no abs/t.c and no passenger airbags and i regularly get 35-40 mpg. ( a bit more now most of my interior is out) my engine is also the agg one. there are coolant pipes going to the throttle body. could these make the difference in mpg between the 2e and agg?:blink:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.