induction kit on pd130 fr

jamesmacc

Mar 6, 2008
was thinking of getting a k&N/pipercross induction kit for th my 1.9tdi fr ibiza,can any tell me if there any gud or not.do they sound the same as they do on a petrol car??a mate of mine told me that fitting an induction kit will make the turbo sound louder and make it make an almost dumpvalve sound

Deleted member 13581

Lots of people have just changed the panel filter and fitted the PD160 intake off the Cupra to their cars.

Havent heard an induction kit on a diesel so cant comment on the sound.

T. Spark

Ive had one, and Paul has one, I took mine off as all it does is let hot air in mate. Go panel filter FTW

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I had one on mine - and as said it made it a lot smokier. It makes engine bay noise a lot louder too. It's surprising how much more noise the induction kit makes over the standard air box, it's not until you go back to one that you realise. Just general motorway cruising is SO much quieter now. But yeh it did sound cool.

P3190301.jpg

P3190300.jpg

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
Those photos clearly show the problem of there being not enough space under the bonnet to get a decent cold air feed to it.

ben-ducky

Feb 25, 2008
Llanelli, S Wales
anyone know the part numbers for the pd160 air intake parts? are these only available from Seat?
Does changing this affect the fuel consumption at all?

T. Spark

Part numbers :

6LL129621 adapter

6LL129618 hose

Only avail. from Seat dealerships (and arent cheap)

And nope, doesnt change fuel usuage.

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Mmm
I have Pipercross and PD160
Check out Briskoda , there was a guy on there selling some , may have all gone , but they do come up now and then on there
They went from 25+ VAT to £75 + VAt
So Seat are working their magic there
Sorry , but try on there for either new or second hand , they dont clog up or anything and you may save yourself some money
Sarah

T. Spark

Mmm
I have Pipercross and PD160
Check out Briskoda , there was a guy on there selling some , may have all gone , but they do come up now and then on there
They went from 25+ VAT to £75 + VAt
So Seat are working their magic there
Sorry , but try on there for either new or second hand , they dont clog up or anything and you may save yourself some money
Sarah

I have the same set up on mine Sarah, great bit of kit!

However, do you still work for Awesome, you never seem to be there :whistle: haha!!

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
Those photos clearly show the problem of there being not enough space under the bonnet to get a decent cold air feed to it.

And because of that, when fitting, try to do something like this:

So the filter has fresh air coming from the OEM intake and is also isolated from the engine heat by the box...

Than you have some performance gains and a nice sound... :)

T. Spark

Not bad, however a PD160 air intake wouldnt have gone a miss.

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
I had that on 2 years ago. Now i have the pd160 intake and k&n panel filter.

Didn't really feel comfortable with the cone filter (no name) and herd from a few people that there are slightly better results with a panel filter than with a cone one...

T. Spark

Ive heard the oil problems aswell, I got mine second hand so wasnt OTT.

Looks good, and deffo a one off job from what I know mate.

Mar 8, 2007
Its a shame on the location of the airbox behind the battery as it makes fitting a BMC or something enclosed also difficult

Jan 13, 2008
Midlands
have just bit the bullit an ordered my pd160 intake bits , what a ripper at 75 quid from the dealer but i ordered a momo strut brace and loads of chrome bits all togeather an they gave me a discount on the lot, so not so bad. Next i want cruise control an the panel filter.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.