very little boost after fitting twister filter

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
Fitted my new twister filter today. Really load dumping was good for an hour then lost boost only boosting to 0.5 bar usually 1.4 bar could have gone into limp mode or has my maf finally given up the ghost. will it harm anything if i cont to drive. I know many of you say its really loud with a filter but mine sounded like a blow off valve not a recirc....
Advice very much appreciated.

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
cant get access to vag com untill monday wondered if anyone else has had a similier problem. And is the volume of the dump right! it seems really load.

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
if you have been moving around by the dump valve make sure you have no pipes coming off it bent or compressed. this would limit the boost. if your running 1.4 bar boost you probably hit limp mode, disconnect battery for 10 mins used to clear mine (when simply turning off the key didn't work)

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
no, not too much, thats about right for a remap, just i started getting limp mode when i had dynatwist fitted and hot days if that makes a difference

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
digby2 u still running ur twister how often did it happen then!!! eck thanks for advice mate will give that a try.

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
Right just as you sugested ive just disconnected battery and all is fine again 1.4 bar is back :D i just hope it dont happen too often the dump noise is well loud!! dosent sound right to me too loud! Thanks guys for your input.
Limp mod last all afternoon for me if it was that of course i will vagd on monday anyway.

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
I will reserve judgement for the mo...
wait and see if it occurs again and then consider a change of filter.
I still cant get over how loud it is it sounds like a dump valve!!! i no i shouldnt complain but im wondering if its this thats causing the issue.