Optima yellow top battery. Has anyone fitted one before?

Poverty

My standard battery cant keep up with my amplifiers demands so its time to upgrade. The yellow top battery is the obvious type but it could possible be bothersome getting one to fit, so was wondering if anyone here has done it before?

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
As batteries go, there ok ish.
If you've got a seriouse sound system in your car then i'd suggest something else other than an optima!!!
Get yourself onto talkaudio.co.uk, sign up and read!!! Best car audio forum on the web by far!!!

Poverty

As batteries go, there ok ish.
If you've got a seriouse sound system in your car then i'd suggest something else other than an optima!!!
Get yourself onto talkaudio.co.uk, sign up and read!!! Best car audio forum on the web by far!!!

im there already. NSB 90 wont fit under the hood and I need a battery that will hence the yellow top. NSB 75 is an option.

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
I've got an NSB75 undee the bonnet but only just!!!
Had to modify the battery base and create my own clamp, basically a bar on top of the battery with two long theaded bolts at either end acting as a clamp.
Had to seriously modify the fuse box on top so that I can fit 0awg ground and alternator calbes, large battery terminals ect!!!
I'll try to get pics for you tomorrow BUT i'm not promissing!

EDIT - i'm on talkaudio.co.uk as well, i'm volvo off there!!

Last edited:

Poverty

I've got an NSB75 undee the bonnet but only just!!!
Had to modify the battery base and create my own clamp, basically a bar on top of the battery with two long theaded bolts at either end acting as a clamp.
Had to seriously modify the fuse box on top so that I can fit 0awg ground and alternator calbes, large battery terminals ect!!!
I'll try to get pics for you tomorrow BUT i'm not promissing!

EDIT - i'm on talkaudio.co.uk as well, i'm volvo off there!!

oh yeah I know you :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise