Going to look at a Cupra tomorrow - help wanted

nad_84

Afternoon all.

I am going to view a Seat Leon TDI Cupra tomorrow. Link is below

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...del=LEON&min_pr=6000&max_pr=8000&max_mileage=

The mileage is 55k, however he did say that he will be willing to change the cam belt and the water pump for me. it comes with a 6 month warrenty aswell.

Seems pretty tidy.

I was just wondering apart from the door sills, is there anything else i should look out for. Apart fromt he usual car things, such as panel gaps, mayo on the filler cap etc.... are there any Seat specific things i should look out for.

Any help is much appreciated

Cammage

Turbo Time...
Oct 16, 2007
Leeds
Like you'v mentioned just general day to day things, take for a test drive and look out for knocky suspension (try to hit bumps not pot holes) just to see if it bangs or rattles. Check steering is straight and for un-even tyre wear on tyres. You could go realy in depth but if it looks and runs ok then u shouldnt have any probs..:)

iainhome

InstantKarma
Jan 27, 2008
Hamilton, Scotland
check for damage to front/side/rear spoilers underneath as they're pretty low (speed bumps, etc, also check it has full the set of undertray's beneath engine, check all lights, fault codes, etc

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Open the bonnet with the engine running and the A/C on - the two engine fans should be turning at their slow speed - which is fairly fast, but doesn't sound like a 747 at take-off! If the slow speed doesn't work and the high speed mode is coming on every minute or so for short blasts then you have a problem - common fault on the MK4 Golf and MK1 Leon - there is a cheap workaround, otherwise you're looking at a very expensive fan replacement

nad_84

Thanks for the advice, i will give you an update tomorrow after viewing it

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.