well hello - I'm so excited

fozzy

Hi peeps,

just saying Hi as I've just picked up my 2004 ibiza 1.8t FR.

boy do I like it - alot.

never had a car that wheelspins easily in 3rd - ok, ok, its raining - alot and the roads are greesy but what a car.

been lurking in the background reading comments and stuff but now I have the car thought I would intro myself.

fozzy

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Welcome to the forum and SEAT ownership - my diesel FR used to wheelspin in 3rd and sometimes 4th in the wet if you weren't careful!

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I would get some new tyres to stop that wheelspin! I only get it in 1st now with Parada Spec 2s. The acceleration is much better as you're actually moving when the wheels are turning :)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Nice one mate, I agree about the wheelspin thing, mine is still on the factory tyres 3mm left on the front 5 on the back and in the wet the traction control struggles once you hit 4k revs

IMO it's a corker of an engine, diesel torque levels low down and it sounds nice in the high revs too

before all the derv heads shart commenting about torque check out the torque specs of a pd100 and a 150 20vt, hardly anything in it

162 vs 175 :blink:

Last edited:

fozzy

very tempted to get engine remap - I'm no mechanic and wont be able to do any upgrades myself so would welcome any recommendations.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
I would get some new tyres to stop that wheelspin! I only get it in 1st now with Parada Spec 2s. The acceleration is much better as you're actually moving when the wheels are turning :)

how much you pay per tyre for the paradas kriso? i've found a website selling them at £66 each which isn't bad :D

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I paid £144.78 for 2 fitted. And then found them £10 cheaper somewhere else just after I booked unfortunately :( They are good tho, better noticeable grip levels than either P-Zeros or Toyo T1-Rs.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
are they R17's? because i can't seem to find paradas of spec ZR as my currents (still runnin on standard til they wear out :( )

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
ZR isn't a speed rating...it's something to do with the tyre's wall structure (I know R means reinforced) due to them being low-profile

my currents are the standard Pirelli's, 205/40/ZR17 84W

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
BF goodrich

I swear by mind... by far the best tyre ever used and i been through a few on the cupra.

Pirellis pzeronero had zero thread after 15k

Eagle F1 were loosing 1mm thread every 1000 miles

BF Goodrich Gforce Profilers 20k on the front still got 5mm left AND no inner or out edge wear :) apprently they have silicon in the rubber that hord teh structure more but that might be the **** i get fooled with when i ordered them not going to complaint ey work

smee

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
BF goodrich

I swear by mind... by far the best tyre ever used and i been through a few on the cupra.

Pirellis pzeronero had zero thread after 15k

Eagle F1 were loosing 1mm thread every 1000 miles

BF Goodrich Gforce Profilers 20k on the front still got 5mm left AND no inner or out edge wear :) apprently they have silicon in the rubber that hord teh structure more but that might be the **** i get fooled with when i ordered them not going to complaint ey work

smee

but the g-force's (if they're the ones you have) are £96 per tyre!! apparently the composites making up the rubber allows it to mould to any rough surfaces giving smoother ride and wider traction, which will most probably give them even tread wear :)

having read reviews on the yokohama paradas looks like the tyre technology used also minimizes outer tread wear and is better for getting the power to the road with torquey engines :thumbup: and they're a pocket saving £66 per tyre :D

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
never had yoko's since i had some a539's which were super grippy in dry and as soon as it rained might as well been on ice. wouldnt trust them after that. so dunno what there like now

Toyo are meant to be good but i cant get over the Chav image i get in my head when i think Toyo

lol

Smee

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.