will i have problems when i fit my hid kit?

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
im guna b fitting a hid kit to my leon but im not sure if its guna work, i had trouble with my sidelights and had to buy resistor packs for them will i have the same problem with these?

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
im guna b fitting a hid kit to my leon but im not sure if its guna work, i had trouble with my sidelights and had to buy resistor packs for them will i have the same problem with these?

Yes you will need to have these load packs, contact the supplier of the HIDs they will know the correct values etc. otherwise fault lights will come up.

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
have you got them? if so can you give me the info on where you got them from and how much please

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
also do i need to do anything other than take the old h7 out and put the hid in ive never done anything like this before so all the you guys have would be appreciated

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Please be aware I'm speaking as an Ibiza driver. :)

I bought an HID kit on ebay for my car.
In the box were 2 bulbs, 2 ballast units and wiring with fitted connectors.
All the power is taken from the wires that connect to the original bulbs.
Just removed existing bulbs, drilled the bulb covers, plugged the whole lot in and away I went.
Isn't this the case with Leons?

Regards Guy.

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
im not sure ive never done it before thats y im tryin to find out the info, im not to keen on drillin out the bulb covers

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
few thats y u guys know whats goin on. jace u saved me from abit of a panic. can you tell me cause i get different answers from different people, are the hid kits plug and play? i am ordering them from a company called hids4u, im guessin u have them, did you have a problem with the bulb failure light when you fitted them?

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
For the Leon you have to get the Ultimate Kit from HIDS4U as that is the 55W kit (H7 bulbs are your dipped lights) Otherwise you will have Bulb failure warnings due to the lights not drawing enough power and then the ECU thinking that the bulb has gone out.
When fitting the kit onto the Leon you would need to drill the plastic cover that covers the dipped beam light bulb (drill where the square ridge part is, you will know what I mean when you look at the cover) so that you can put the new HID light bulb and holder through (make sure the hole is big enough for this but not too big) Then you would need to find somewhere to put your ballasts and your starters (can either cable it tie it down or stick it to the side of the lights) Plug it all together and off you go.
Alex

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
thanks thats quite detailed my hids will be turning up next week i think, still not too sure bout drillin the lamp covers but i suppose if i want them in i have no choice

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
i didnt im still tryin to find something the link i put on here somewhere for sum resistors turned up today but they dont work so im back to square one, i cant believe something like this can be so stupid to reslove

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
i like ure thinking il hav a look in a min n c if i can come up with sumthin if u wana do the same?

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
thanks thats quite detailed my hids will be turning up next week i think, still not too sure bout drillin the lamp covers but i suppose if i want them in i have no choice

Its just a bit of plastic, if all else fails you can always get another set of light covers (so there is no confusion this is the black plastic cover that is at the back of the lights, you would need to remove these to get at the bulbs anyways)
Alex

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
nope got nufin eitha, im guessin it all comes down to how much u want it dnt it? 87 quid on that site u linked i cant find them any cheaper either considering i know they will work

H8T WP

well if you look at it.. all it is, is an original bulb holder, a resistor and and led and some wires... its because its all in a fancy case its so expensive, those bits would come to less than a 10er im sure

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
im also stuck for puttin leds in my number plate ones on the back i tried earlier and they are tied under the same stupid programme but i wouldnt have a clue where to buy a resistor thingy for 272 lamps

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
but its knowin what size resistor plus there has to b sumfin else in that little round thing cause i tried with just resistors today and it didnt work, plus im not sure if they will go through the MOT if they dont they are easy to uninstall

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members