will i have problems when i fit my hid kit?

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Per bulb you are looking at around the £20 mark for all parts, electronics and a 5W LED. Still trying to figure out how to heatsink a 5W LED into the socket, but once done, I will fit a pair onto H8T WP's car and take some pictures.

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
kwl chers m8 keep us posted, i got another thread goin at the mo u mite b able to answer, do u have the no how to work out the same sort of jiggery to the number plate lights?

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
FThen you would need to find somewhere to put your ballasts and your starters (can either cable it tie it down or stick it to the side of the lights) Plug it all together and off you go.
Alex
Note these resistor do get HOT so make sure they are NOT near any wiring [ ideally fix to some metal work] Hid4u are a good company and the kit is complete, has long as you defined what car/model you are fitting to.

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
All side lights and so forth are 12V. For 5W lights you need to consume 400mAh @ 12V. If each LED is running at say 20mAh, you need 20 of them to consume that sort of power. At a rough guess that is.

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
rite so how do i make that happen? i no what you mean i had a pair of resistor thingys today to see if they worked and one did get very hot but strangly the otha one didnt, they didnt do the job anyhow so they went back

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
rite so how do i make that happen? i no what you mean i had a pair of resistor thingys today to see if they worked and one did get very hot but strangly the otha one didnt, they didnt do the job anyhow so they went back

I assume you know that they only fit one way and will not work like a ordinary bulb which is not dependant on pos/neg fitting [some led's have a mark denoting pos+ connection]

trevstylee99

always needing help
Jul 4, 2008
yea dur i tried it both ways it was cheap shite i paid like 7 pound each for them but i thought it was worth a try. hav u got leds in ure interior lighting? when mine go out the two main spots stay on but really really dimly i cant figure it out

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
They are rubber on the leon

im not sure ive never done it before thats y im tryin to find out the info, im not to keen on drillin out the bulb covers

thanks thats quite detailed my hids will be turning up next week i think, still not too sure bout drillin the lamp covers but i suppose if i want them in i have no choice

Just to make sure you know which part I mean you drill look here.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x44/RichIbizaSport/Car HIDs/100_0745.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x44/RichIbizaSport/Car HIDs/100_0746.jpg

BTW. Pics are from this thread (not mine).
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166612&highlight=hid

I know the covers are from an Ibiza but I'm thinking the Leon must have a similar thing.
With my kit the instructions suggested a 24mm hole but I drilled 22mm.
The rubber seals fit tighter so no water getting in! :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members