iPod car setup...

J-1

Has anyone got their iPod in their Ibiza? If so, what setup are they using?

I've got a Belkin FM transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter, then into my iPod but im wondering if there is a neater way i could install it so theres no cables showing etc.

Any help/pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
buy an xcarlink....perfect quality sound and no wires (except one into the ipod) and you can still use your cd changer

**check the for sale section for one**

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
harman kardon drive-n-play for me.

i know it's an Audi not a Seat, but it's a universal fit.

Kit cost £80 from Halfords(ok i got it half price)
Dashmount A4 phone podmount was £50.

i went for this kit as i didn't need the phone cradle anymore having changed from a Nokia N73 to the N82 (bluetooth only with no cradle)

Stu
28122007344.jpg

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
Well my belekin one is, have to admit when the volume on the ipod is way up or way down you get alot of buzzing, but if its kept in the middle, it's very good!

for £10 its not bad (and better than the fm transmitter things imo) but the sound quality is well below the digital quailty of the xcarlink. the buzzing used to piss me right off lol

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
Dension ipod interface. Sound quality is as good as Harmon Kardon and so on, SUPPOSED to give full control via the head unit, but the interface skips tracks when skipping to next track.

i.e. If track 1 is playing, by pressing the 'next track' button on the headunit will skip to track 3, then 5, 7, 9 and so on.

Only way to play the tracks it skips is to either let it play thru' each track, or to let the track play for 2/3 seconds then click 'previous'.

So for £100, there's a pretty major design flaw.

Deleted member 29494

XCarlink is by far a superior product to any Radio Type Transmittors and Cassette adaptors

control through the headunit and great quality, unlike both the others.

plus it doesnt have the issues above from the Dension

well worth the £75

J-1

I've just bought a cassette adaptor for the ipod.

So its not really worth it?

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
XCarLink all the way

Got one last week and I am utterly astonished at its performance, skips tracks perfectly unlike the dennison,sound quality is perfect, and you can still use the cd changer.

It's also pretty easy to install.

I had an Griffin iTrip and a cassette adaptor and this wipes the floor with them!

J-1

£10??? I couldnt find any on ebay above £4.00. Mines cost £2.94! LOL

johno1404

4 DOORS FOR MORE *****S
Aug 22, 2005
Hertfordshire
Might be abit late but ive just seen this thread

Ive got my ipod nano set up in my mk3 Ibiza Cupra. Ive unpluged the cd changer in the boot and used a connection box that a friend gave me to plug into the original cd changer plug. I then run phonos to a headphone jack at the front of the car that i plug into the ipod.

At first i had it just sitting in the hole under the stereo but i have since run the wires neatly and used black velcro to attach it to the part of the dash between the steering wheel and stereo.

Looks pretty cool and i can just pull it off to remove it.

Only downside is that you lose your cd changer but that shouldnt bother you if your planning on having an ipod that stores thousands of tunes

DSC00732.jpg

Last edited:

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
Might be abit late but ive just seen this thread

Ive got my ipod nano set up in my mk3 Ibiza Cupra. Ive unpluged the cd changer in the boot and used a connection box that a friend gave me to plug into the original cd changer plug. I then run phonos to a headphone jack at the front of the car that i plug into the ipod.

At first i had it just sitting in the hole under the stereo but i have since run the wires neatly and used black velcro to attach it to the part of the dash between the steering wheel and stereo.

Looks pretty cool and i can just pull it off to remove it.

Only downside is that you lose your cd changer but that shouldnt bother you if your planning on having an ipod that stores thousands of tunes

That sounds all good, but surely there's an issue with 'eyes on the road' while scrolling thru' playlists/artists/albums/genre's etc.

Suppose it depends how you use your ipod...i know they're designed to be easy to use, but scrolling the wheel looking for that specific album while driving can't be clever.

johno1404

4 DOORS FOR MORE *****S
Aug 22, 2005
Hertfordshire
That sounds all good, but surely there's an issue with 'eyes on the road' while scrolling thru' playlists/artists/albums/genre's etc.

Suppose it depends how you use your ipod...i know they're designed to be easy to use, but scrolling the wheel looking for that specific album while driving can't be clever.

That does become abit of an issue but ive now sorted a playlist out so that any tunes i like i have in one list so that i only have to use the skip button and dont really need to look at the screen.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.