Anybody with a Cupra 180??

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
Hey guys, im new to site (as you can probably tell lol) and looking for anyone with pics of their car, or info, on the Cupra 180, as im looking for some ideas on mods for my car which i bought 2 weeks ago. Any help will be appreciated as im not clued up on this well understated motor.

Also has anyone had one of these remapped and are there (if any) downsides to this???

Cheers:D

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
love the wheels, but dont think they will suit my cupra as its platninum grey.

As for the remap, i will let you because im gonna pay a visit to performance torque this weekend 'wallet permitting'.

Did you find reliability etc was affected from having a remap??

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
nah i aint so sure, fan of the stealth look if you know what i mean, if they daint have the red rim then maybe, but everyone to there own.

Nice motor tho, good price too.

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
I recently had mine remapped by Custom code, no idea how much power its putting out but the difference is night and day compared to standard. Custom code have a 30% off deal at the moment making it £312 for a stage 1. Around the £300 mark is about average for a remap now though (they used to be around £500 a couple of years back).

If remapping its usually advised to uprate your air filter and recirc valve as well, so all in all about £450.

As for downsides there aren't any really. It may reduce the life of your turbo but this is very unlikely, unless your turbo is already damaged slightly. People have been running remapped cars well over 100k miles with no problems.

Also i found that when i had mine mapped my fuel consumption improved as well!

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Picture wise......

Standard Height

3525b862.jpg

Lowered

Image012-1.jpg

CAI

Image002.jpg

Rear Anti Roll Bar and new KW1 suspension

Image007-1.jpg

Strut Brace and Forge Red TIP

Image000-1.jpg

Image003.jpg

Defi Gauges

Image004.jpg

Night.jpg

Milltek Exhaust Sound
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/ukric2001/?action=view&current=Mk4Vid.flv

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
As for the remap, i will let you because im gonna pay a visit to performance torque this weekend 'wallet permitting'.

Did you find reliability etc was affected from having a remap??

I've got a p-torque remap on my cupra and its :thumbup:
And reliability wise - Nothing to complain about from me :D

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I have a P-Torque remap on my Cupra. You won't regret it and is cheaper than buying a 2nd hand ECU, plus you don't have to mess around with getting it coded.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Tom I think they are swappable but you have to re-code it to the dash pod and immobilizer? That seems to be what ElsaWin says.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.