Mk4 Cupra Offset

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
does anyone know what the offset, etc is for the mk4 ibiza cupra with the SEAT Sport calipers on it??

have done a search and all i've found is

You'll need a wheel that's got a 5 x 100 P.C.D and an offset as close to 35mm as possible

but that is relating to the mk4 ibiza tdi. is this the same for the cupra aswell as i have no clue :confused: :ban:

any help is much appreciated

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
That's what Cupra wheels are, I know Audi TT comps fit and they are ET 32.

Let you know if ET35 fits mate, getting some soon...

sbs6dj

i'd also be interested in knowin whether et35 are cupra caliper friendly as im eyeing up some wheels with that offset. can anyone shed some light on the matter?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I think you have to go for a higher offset, the higher the offset ther further away the spokes are from the hub mounting face. So a lower offset will bring the caliper closer to the wheel and with the Cupra that is a no no!

There was another similar query in this thread.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166702

Its the other way round, the higher the number, the further in the arch they are.

If you look on edition38.com, all show cars on there run ETs in the 0-30 mark.

Also, the offset means nothing as to whether they'll fit over the brakes, the spoke thickness plays a major part too. There really is a limited number of wheels available for the Cupra :(

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
Its the other way round, the higher the number, the further in the arch they are.

If you look on edition38.com, all show cars on there run ETs in the 0-30 mark.

Also, the offset means nothing as to whether they'll fit over the brakes, the spoke thickness plays a major part too. There really is a limited number of wheels available for the Cupra :(

Cheers.

I was always confused about offsets, as you can tell!!!

Bubsy

Feb 16, 2007
I've been looking at wheels for my own Cupra for a while. Tried loads but either the wheels fowl the caliper or when given the essential offset to clear the caliper the tyres fowl the arch.

As and when you find any that are Cupra caliper friendly, can you PM me with the name or pics.

I was in Holland for a quick trip late last year and while I was there I saw a MK4 with Split BBS RS001's but he had been forced to put smaller Polo calipers on the car. I like that 'I've hit a brick wall' feeling when I need it so brake downgrade is out. Especially with the power I'm running too. The RS's did look the absolute muts nuts.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Allegedly, Rota Force 8x17s fit but I don't like them.

I want some temporary wheels so I can get mine refurbed, anyone know of any cheap TT Comps?

Bubsy

Feb 16, 2007
Far be it from me to tell how to go about things but when I had my wheels referbed, I hired a car. Had it 3 days and all ity cost me was £55.

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
Allegedly, Rota Force 8x17s fit but I don't like them.

I want some temporary wheels so I can get mine refurbed, anyone know of any cheap TT Comps?

I've been having the same problem. I thought baout getting them done individually, just rotating the spare. I have also been considering doint it myself.

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
as mentioned rota force time attack wheels will fit. These were developed for evos and the like for the clearance of the brembos!

I have the only set in the country in 5x100 et 35 and these fit the cupra perfectly with miles of caliper clearance.

Off set is the amount in millimetses that the hub mounting face is 'off set' from the centre line of the wheel itself. A larger number doesn't necessarily mean larger caliper clearance.. The position and shape me the spokes has a massive effect too

sbs6dj

ad lav, did you manage to find out if et35 offset is suitable for the cupra's? im looking at some 17x8.5's with an et35 ofset. would appreciate any knowledge.:D