bhp figures post remap?

T. Spark

what times are you guys running a standing 1/4 mile with that much torque?

With a mere 170bhp and 290lb.ftish at the fly I ran a standing 1/4 @ Santa Pod in 14.73 with a 1st gear launch and 14.78 on my only attempt of a 2nd gear launch :D

T. Spark

2nd gear launch :confused: id stall if i started in 2nd :lol:

Its called clutch control ;)

Nah petrols dont like 2nd gear launches as much as the diesel :D

Infact my gear selector fork broke and I drove all the way home in 3rd gear... was interesting stopping at lights and setting off in 3rd gear,then minutes later sat on the motorway, still in 3rd gear.... lol.

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
i tend t do a 2nd gear launch every other run just trying to suss out which is better as 1st is pointless and once on boost neither is 2nd but its one gearchange less :)
as fot bhp figures i got 169.4bhp cant remember the torque tho...

drewbar

May sound like a daft question but what remaps are you guys using and the ultimate question, Which ones best?

T. Spark

May sound like a daft question but what remaps are you guys using and the ultimate question, Which ones best?

Dont make me tell you to use the search button, we know what happened last time :D haha!

I ran Custom-Code for a few years with 170bhp, no problems due to the map as such so cant really fault it! Also wish I got it at the discount price they have on at the moment.

Got a new remap from RS Tuning up in Leeds once I had done the exhaust, filter's etc etc and hit 201.7bhp however RS Tuning would never map a PD130 to that normally, was just a test and it smoked badly, however pulled like a train alot faster than before, mullered a PD130 with REVO on the motorway and would happily sit behind a type r until they move out of the way to let me past until double speed limits are reached.

If you just want a map for abit more power without all the other bits etc, you cant go wrong with C-C however if you want a true custom remap RS Tuning do it on the rollers then go out and check it on the road from what I can see, so well worth it :)

Im currently waiting on a new remap from RS now I have the TD2 turbo so hoping for circa 230bhp and 360lb.t

Bubsy

Feb 16, 2007
I went to Jabba and had a few bits done at one but went from 182 pre to 227 post

cupradriver

Sorry guys, but some of your quoted figures for a standard PD 130 engine make me laugh. there is no way on earth you're getting 190 -200bhp from a re-map.

Bubsy

Feb 16, 2007
I recently went to a VW rolling road day. There was everything from totally standard to extreemly wild. The standard 1.8T's varied from a reallly bad 131 to an unbelievable 172 from totally standard 150BHP Golfs. The guy had owned it from new and had simply serviced it regularly.

Remember this was all on the same rollers so even if yu ignore the actual values, that is still 41BHP difference, simply due to tollerances. The guy running the road was very good and did explain it well. Every single part in an engine is given a tollerance, if you happen to be lucky enough to have all these tollerances in your favor, quick standard engine.

Excuse me for asking what is probably an obvious question but I have never owned a diesal, do standard diesal engines vary, due to factory tollernces, as much as petrol engines?

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Sorry guys, but some of your quoted figures for a standard PD 130 engine make me laugh. there is no way on earth you're getting 190 -200bhp from a re-map.

Who quoted 190-200 on a standard 130 engine? :confused:

Most of the above have, Free flowing exhausts, Decat, filter, FMIC etc...

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Who quoted 190-200 on a standard 130 engine? :confused:

Most of the above have, Free flowing exhausts, Decat, filter, FMIC etc...

yep! [B)]

i've changed a lot of the pipework, from the tubo to the FMIC to the intake manifold, to smooth ali pipe and an Allard EGR replacement kit so i reckon i'm 190bhp +
just waiting for a local rolling road day to prove it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

T. Spark

Quick way of annoying lots of happy TDi owners there ;)

As Sissons mentioned, most of the above arent standard. Mine however with a mere 202bhp is near enough standard, honest :whistle:

cupradriver

Quick way of annoying lots of happy TDi owners there ;)

As Sissons mentioned, most of the above arent standard. Mine however with a mere 202bhp is near enough standard, honest :whistle:

So, allot of the posts didn't really answer the question, as it was asked, did they? it was more of a case of 'mines this big' :D

The answered never annoyed me, just got me thinking, and my thinking was correct...wasn't it? besides, i'll be running 210bhp from the Cupra very soon...can't wait. :clap:

by the way, what can i fit to it, to make it safer to drive in the winter\when it's raining and wet? would an LSD help? I was just thinking of getting the switchable map, so i can turn it on/off when i please.

T. Spark

So, allot of the posts didn't really answer the question, as it was asked, did they? it was more of a case of 'mines this big' :D

The answered never annoyed me, just got me thinking, and my thinking was correct...wasn't it? besides, i'll be running 210bhp from the Cupra very soon...can't wait. :clap:

by the way, what can i fit to it, to make it safer to drive in the winter\when it's raining and wet? would an LSD help? I was just thinking of getting the switchable map, so i can turn it on/off when i please.

"bhp figures post remap?" post means after remap... the people posting have remaps and posted their figures? :confused: Am I missing something? He was asking just that, he asked basically "How big is yours" and people answered ;)

They didnt make me laugh, as easily believed. So im not sure if your thinking is correct, maybe in your mind?

Anyway, ive only had my L.S.D during the summer, so not sure how much help its going to be in the winter im afriad, ive heard it can be abit of a handful during winter.

210bhp from the PD160 then? Doable with the right mods mate. However, you have a long way to go to catch up with a few members on here with 260bhp+ lol!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.