Cupra R rear box

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Just done a job on ours. Bought the tail pipe off the box from 'badlydrawnbanan' on here (cheers), made a 'Y' piece as the tail pipe is two pipes behind the oval part, welded it to a straight pipe, then cut off the standard box & replaced it with a straight pipe with the LCR tail piece. Now it only has the turbo & cat to quieten it!! Its not noisy at all, just a very deep growl & when you change gear, hell of a 'chirp' noise comes out of the exhaust - sounds similar to a dump valve!

Last edited:

Danzibar9

DERV POWER
Jan 8, 2008
South Oxfordshire
Ouch!! Hope mine hold out then. Im on low profiles too and the route to and from work is just a bit pot holed!
Did you fit your ARB or pay someone to do it? Was it tricky? Did it take long or cost alot to do?

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Did it all myself, but I have got a two post lift in my garage which made things relatively easy!!
If you are reasonably competent & have access to a lift then go for it, otherwise take it to someone capable. Rear one is quite easy, front one is quite a bit more involved.
Took me half a day to fit the arb's, change the front bushes & fit the coil overs :)

badlydrawnbanan

cholangio carcenoma doh !
Just done a job on ours. Bought the tail pipe off the box from 'badlydrawnbanan' on here (cheers), made a 'Y' piece as the tail pipe is two pipes behind the oval part, welded it to a straight pipe, then cut off the standard box & replaced it with a straight pipe with the LCR tail piece. Now it only has the turbo & cat to quieten it!! Its not noisy at all, just a very deep growl & when you change gear, hell of a 'chirp' noise comes out of the exhaust - sounds similar to a dump valve!

Glad it worked out for you mate :yes: any pics ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.