Hello all, Help with Remap

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
if ur not happy with the revo map they offer a 28 day guarantee . if you don't like it take it back and ask them to put it back ,and ask for a full refund..

Or just go to RS or CC and get a better map in the first place and save a bit of money at the same time.....

Wish id looked into it a bit more.

I know which option id choose now.

noelbmx1

thanks alot guys apreciate all the help with your experience youve had at these places. i think im going to get it done at rs tuning using a generic map too. hope i will be impressed with it soon as i get it done ill post back here and let you know about my experience with them.

regards Noel

noelbmx1

also another question where is the best place to by parts etc? like if i wanted a 160 intake etc etc? and what seem to be the best coilovers for the fr? i dont want it to scrape at all but want it low as i can

T. Spark

Best place for Seat parts is your local dealer (Ted Johnsons also give a 10% discount when you are with SCN)

For anything else uprated, suspension, exhaust's etc your best shopping around.

Also depending what you are after, you say you want it low but not scraping, but do you want coilovers just to make the car lower or handle better?

noelbmx1

im wanting it to look better but also handle better if possible too

noelbmx1

is there much difference between getting coilovers or springs for road driving? and what is the lowest that you can go with out any scraping?

T. Spark

Mines nice and low, slam it on the back 80mm+ but on the front 40-50mm id say.

I have Eibach coilovers simply for handling not stance but they do that job aswell :)

noelbmx1

av you any pics of what yours looks like mate and does it scrape/rub etc?

mph

Jan 6, 2003
Liverpool
I'm also wondering which remap to go for...
why is CC better than revo? (apart from being cheaper)
what about performance-torque?
I assume there is a theoretical maximum performance you can get from software?
is it that they all differ in the sensors they monitor?

noelbmx1

hi mph from what i gather too much torque is pointless for these types of car especially if you do not uprate your clutch. this is what i gathered from reading the forums any how. so i think some companies dont remap it to the full potential torque wise.

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
I have a performance torque stage 1 remap cost £265 i would def recommend them. their remaps are smooth all the way through the rev range and are kinder to your clutch. Other companies tend to dump all power straight away giving you the higher power figures then run out of steam at end of rev range. For handleing best and cheapest mod you can do is the whiteline rear anti-roll bar makes a massive difference. :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members