New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

cav

Nov 23, 2006
Wirral
This thread makes me want a cupra tdi.
I take it good mpg figures can still be achived if its driven sensibly?

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
i drive mine spiritedly and get around 450miles per full tank. coming from my pervious car which took £70 per week in petrol to filling up every 2 weeks its great!

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Not sure what it will be like when its running around 240+ horses?? Ull have to let us know Turkish/T.Spark!!?? :)

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
Since I have owned mine I have always got 43 MPG. This was the same when it was standard and through mapping stages 1 & 2.

So no fuel economy penalty by going to Stage 2.

T Spark, you'll have one continuous smile all the way home... Wait till you feel the pull from 3500 - 4500 RPM... You will end up driving it like a petrol chasing the red line.. It's awesome and very addictive (just without the great sound)

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
I've already asked paul to price me up the turbo, and mapping! :)

Only 43mpg since b4 it was mapped? U obviously drive it very gently and just feather the throttle! ;)

T. Spark

Problem with mine is I only bring it out to play, no 'normal' driving. However ive noticed on the warm up and cool down period it shoots up in mpg and I would honestly say 45mpg is still easy to hit if you are not on a mission.

As turkish has said, I am now chasing the red line, and betwee 3,500 all the way to near on 5,000rpm in fact, it pulls like me on a saturday out round donny! LOTS! ;)

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
in fact, it pulls like me on a saturday out round donny! LOTS! ;)

Errrrrrr

any way yeh I think i could get 45mpg but it only really happens on the motorway. Oh and T. Spark i forgot to say that mine smoked like a biatch for the first week or so........I couldnt see out of the rear window at times! But its settled down now thank god lol. So the same might happen to yours ;)

T. Spark

Ive had mine back for around 1,000 miles now, and the smoke hasnt calmed down lol!

Going to get some treatment stuff, and see if that helps, then with our logs that might be the deciding factor of what to do next for mine.

I get well over 40mpg if I dont play all the time in it. Easy

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Ive got 225bhp and 370 torques

I know its capable of more but I want a reliable car :D a little bird told me your goin hybrid?

Yep, just need to save up a little cash! :)

Oh and a car to replace mine and get me to work while mines off road! :lol:

C00PRA

hi, i am buying a turbo from Turbo Dynamics on the 15th , they have advised me to take it to JBS designs. any advise on what i should modify next to support this upgrade as Jabba mapped it to 204 bh and i have blown two turbo's?

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
It all really depends where you are in the country and how far you are willing to travel. I for one would without doubt recommend RSTuning, Paul seems to be the master of Stage 2 TDi tuning at the moment, he really knows how best to tune these cars. RSTuning are a supplier of Turbo Dynamics turbo's, so worthwhile giving them a bell as they might be able to do you a good Turbo and remap package.

T. Spark

hi, i am buying a turbo from Turbo Dynamics on the 15th , they have advised me to take it to JBS designs. any advise on what i should modify next to support this upgrade as Jabba mapped it to 204 bh and i have blown two turbo's?

Hmm I dont mean to be rude, but why would TD advise to take it to JBS?

JBS quote (unless they have changed their minds) that your car would not see anymore than it currently has without uprating the injectors aswell. However, every other tuner now can get 220-250bhp out of them, on standard injectors.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
hi, i am buying a turbo from Turbo Dynamics on the 15th , they have advised me to take it to JBS designs. any advise on what i should modify next to support this upgrade

:lol:. My advice which would be the same as you would get from people on Briskoda,Audi-sportnet,UKMK4`s and all the other VAG forums would be not to go to JBS. Just do a search on all the VAG forums and see if you can find anyone running a PD diesel hybrid
tuned by jbs.

C00PRA

cheers guys.
well turbo dynamics advised i went there because they have taken there cars there before.
so i rang them and they said it will only be 195 bhp unless i modify cooler ect.
i just want it to not brake and the price to be right

C00PRA

turkish i have just emailed rs tunning for a price on the map, and also a complete price on supplying the turbo and fitting and mapping to see if they can beat the price i have or if its close to the mark i would travel for quality.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Do you have an uprated clutch? Have you got an aftermarket exhaust system? Guessing youve got the cupra meaning you'll have the FMIC.

But seriously, if you dont have all of the above i wouldnt bother getting it mapped until you do as the figures and overall outcome will be poor.

C00PRA

Tom i have i have been told with this new turbo i have to have it remapped to the car. I am not expecting big figures just 190 /bhp, but give it a few months and i will get a milteck exhaust system.
cheers for the advice every one

RE fuel - i have drove to sait andrew and back to manchester on just 3 quarters of a tank, doing 65
and manc to london on a just over that doing 85

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.