cant open door from the inside

doidge0

Hello i have a 1997 ibiza tdi 5 door central lcoking, sometimes the drivers side door will no open from the inside the centrallocking is kanackard and all doors but the drivers side door lock themslefs after being closed, the drivers side door also dosent control any other doors.
the central lcoking pump sounds like its going to die when its working,

So how could i fix this problem, disconect soem of thehoses on teh drivers side ?

also what would you guys recomend on how to fix central locking

i just hope theres not a fire and the door buggers up in the meantime lol

Thanks

Jameze

Mar 9, 2008
Up Aberdeen Way
Hello i have a 1997 ibiza tdi 5 door central lcoking, sometimes the drivers side door will no open from the inside the centrallocking is kanackard and all doors but the drivers side door lock themslefs after being closed, the drivers side door also dosent control any other doors.
the central lcoking pump sounds like its going to die when its working,

So how could i fix this problem, disconect soem of thehoses on teh drivers side ?

also what would you guys recomend on how to fix central locking

i just hope theres not a fire and the door buggers up in the meantime lol

Thanks

go buy yourself a new / replacement locking system, cheaper and guarentee it gets fixed. bit o hassle tho but plenty help here ;)

doidge0

ya i thought it would have to be done, has anyone installed a aftermarket one before ?

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
When something similar happened to mine earlier this year, it was the drivers side lock mechanism. Where the vacuum tube connects to the lock mechanism there is a cap with @ 6 lugs that seals the rubber diaphragm - some of the lugs were broken giving an intermittent seal according to how hard I shut the door! Cue weird, random locking mechanism behaviour... 1 tube of glue later all fixed & no more probs (so far).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise