Toya T1 -R

Themottster

hello there,

Im a newbie so please be gentle.

Ive got to replace all four corners on my Cupra R225 and have been told that the Toya T1-R are a great tyre. Dont really want to spend over £120 per corner inc fitting. Any suggestions on other tyres or comments on the Toya's would be realyl handy

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Falken 452 is what ive ordered. got em from black circles for £63 a corner and my local garage will fit all four for 30 quid.

justsean

Apr 4, 2008
Cumbria
i have falken 452's and they are 'OK' not astonishingly good but no problems with them considering what they cost. slightly noisy on some roads, but that may have more to do with the state of the road rather than the tyre.

Themottster

Spoilt for choice now lads. I heard that the Toya's were superb for grip in the wet and good in the dry. Just had a look at the Falkens. They look very similar in tread design. Looks like it might come down to price then .

Themottster

I dont do many miles as I live just 3 miles from work. I do give the car a bit of stick through the bends but generally not too aggressive. I suppose Im looking for a grippy all rounder but good in the wet.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
my falken 452s have been superb so far; and i don't hang around! the loss of grip is progressive so you know exactly where you are with the car, no suprises! wet grip is excellent too. best part is £62 a tyre for camskill.com (lcr).

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Goodyear F1's GSD3. I had them fitted to my Accord and once the Conti's are finished on the Leon its having them. Grip and noise are excellent in all conditions (especially the wet).

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
my falken 452s have been superb so far; and i don't hang around! the loss of grip is progressive so you know exactly where you are with the car, no suprises! wet grip is excellent too. best part is £62 a tyre for camskill.com (lcr).

Yep same as Danny and will be buying again.

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
these get my vote
CAR%20RACING%20SLICK%20200x200.jpg

your buggerd the moment it starts to rain though :whistle:

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Had Falken 452's on my old 206... they were ok in the dry, useless in the wet & only lasted about 4k miles. I know they're cheap & rated well on the forum, but I wouldn't have them again.

Dunlop Sport Maxx were a good all round tyre, as were the GSD3's, but the Potenza RE050A's I have at the moment are a big improvement over what I've previously tried. They were less than £90 fitted too :)

Next time, I might try the new F1 asymmetrics to see what they're like, although I'd be more than happy to have the Bridgestones again.