Fitted Some New HIDs

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
went for the 4300k this time as i felt the 6000k were too bluey, these are less in your face, but with all the qualities of 6000k

also these are slimline ballasts, and only cost £7 more than dianne shop ;)

i fitted them with my LED sidelights to begin with, as i thought they may still be a BIT bluey

Xl800001-1.jpg

fogs on for comparison

i then changed the sidelights to the ordinary ones..and it makes them look less bluey, so i think iv found what iv been after :D

Xl800002-1.jpg

this be's the shop if anybody else wants them.. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SUNSTAR-HID_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Last edited:

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
dunno about the customs..but yeah everything arrived tip top..there just fiddly to fit on the battery side because there isnt a lot of room..but as i already had the holes cut out from previous HID kits..these just went straight in

Mada

How hard are these to fit? Does anyone have a guide?

I'm slightly suspicious about these being so cheap. I thought good quality HID conversions were £100+. Worth the money?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
they are pretty easy to fit; have a search, there are endless threads on them. i've got cheap kits in my dipped and main; both are still working perfectly after 4 months.

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
the last set i had (from a different shop) failed, well one balast did, but plenty of people on here have brought from that shop and been fine with them. i chose to go to a different shop as "diane-shop" dont sell the colour i wanted.

fitting:
if you look behind your lights, theres a plastic cover that you have to drive a hole thru to allow wires in, once youve done that..insert all the cables (plug and play) and find somewhere to mount the balasts, job done :)

simple enough??
untitled-3.jpg

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
Right click > Save Picture As... > 4 year old drawing of car.bmp

lol, quality 'technical diagram' . Straight from the Seat manuals yeah?!

Dont be suspicious Mada, have a search and you'll see there are loads and loads of us that have got ebay Hids and have been fine, myself included.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
How hard are these to fit? Does anyone have a guide?

I'm slightly suspicious about these being so cheap. I thought good quality HID conversions were £100+. Worth the money?

I was the first to try the Dianne shop ones, almost a year ago now and i'm still on my first set, i also just bought an even cheaper set, for my lil bro about 3 months ago and they are just as good as the 140quid set i had originally, tbh there better - they have lasted longer.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hey Spud, nice drawing mate :lol: last time I saw one like that was when I took the kids to Pizza hut and they got colouring books & crayons
Anyway makes sense but you really must tidy out that garage!!!

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
paullec: i dont think they actually do them there, but i know he does "service and MOTs" so im guessing he takes them to get MOT'd

bruceR: you know you all love my drawing, i did one in the general not that long ago, of a plumbing dilema i had..:lol: and as for the garage, wer moving house, hence the mess!

thanks for all the comment guys, hope this thread was helpful, and BTW..there FANTASTIC at night, IMO better than the 6k

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members